Mines VX Rom ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NautiluS

Hi guys. Ive been working on swapping my B16 into my 90 civic and have found a few interesting items on the clip I got. I have a 91 Civic SiR clip. I was lucky enough to get a Spoon Vtec controller with the EF OEM looking plate, some RS*R springs, Y1 limited slip tranny, and a cool flare holder. The one that I dont know much about is the Mines Ecu. I went to the mines-wave.com site (all in japanese) and had Babelfish translate it, but its all in broken English. It is a Mines VX-ROM PW0 ecu. I'll put up a few pics. Can anyone tell me about it?

3003MinesECU.JPG

Yeah, nobody really knows much about this except that it eliminates the rev limiter and that it adds power. :ph34r: I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

pw0 is the standard obd0 b16 computer.... mines is a tuning company- like spoon or mugen.

chances are, its going to run you WAY too rich, have vtec too low, and have too high of a rev-limit.

arent Mine's stuff suppose to work with stock engines? i remember reading about some of Mine's Skyline parts and most of them dealt with internally stock skylines(i think the Ultimate Skyline GTR that Mine built was also internall stock with the stock turbines).

who knows...

they probably have some proprietary rom burner, so importing the bin from the chip is probably impossible too.

Well, we'll just see how it goes. I plan on doing a dyno run as soon as I get everything running properly. I dont have much experience with B16 numbers, this is my first Honda so you guys will have to let me know how the numbers compare.

Well, got it runnin. Runs perfectly. I am going to break in the new clutch and then to the dyno.

Back