1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mines VX Rom ECU

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by NautiluS, Aug 27, 2005.

1. NautiluS

NautiluS Junior Member

Hi guys. Ive been working on swapping my B16 into my 90 civic and have found a few interesting items on the clip I got. I have a 91 Civic SiR clip. I was lucky enough to get a Spoon Vtec controller with the EF OEM looking plate, some RS*R springs, Y1 limited slip tranny, and a cool flare holder. The one that I dont know much about is the Mines Ecu. I went to the mines-wave.com site (all in japanese) and had Babelfish translate it, but its all in broken English. It is a Mines VX-ROM PW0 ecu. I'll put up a few pics. Can anyone tell me about it?

[​IMG]

2. NautiluS

NautiluS Junior Member

Yeah, nobody really knows much about this except that it eliminates the rev limiter and that it adds power. :ph34r: I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

pw0 is the standard obd0 b16 computer.... mines is a tuning company- like spoon or mugen.

chances are, its going to run you WAY too rich, have vtec too low, and have too high of a rev-limit.

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

arent Mine's stuff suppose to work with stock engines? i remember reading about some of Mine's Skyline parts and most of them dealt with internally stock skylines(i think the Ultimate Skyline GTR that Mine built was also internall stock with the stock turbines).

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

who knows...

they probably have some proprietary rom burner, so importing the bin from the chip is probably impossible too.

6. NautiluS

NautiluS Junior Member

Well, we'll just see how it goes. I plan on doing a dyno run as soon as I get everything running properly. I dont have much experience with B16 numbers, this is my first Honda so you guys will have to let me know how the numbers compare.

7. NautiluS

NautiluS Junior Member

Well, got it runnin. Runs perfectly. I am going to break in the new clutch and then to the dyno.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted