mine's VXROM ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok im thinking about getting a new ecu for my rex since i dont trust any of the chips and programs that you can get for the obd0s. so i think im gona see about mine's VXROM. i just wanted to know is it worth the money? i think it almost like 1700 from mine's. pluse im running on stock internals.

i wouldn't. 1700 won't be the best dollar for dollar you can spend on your car at this point. plus you need something that you can tune on a dyno. look for crome or hondata. it's a lot cheaper and more tunable.

Quoted post[/post]]
i wouldn't. 1700 won't be the best dollar for dollar you can spend on your car at this point. plus you need something that you can tune on a dyno. look for crome or hondata. it's a lot cheaper and more tunable.
+1

Convert to obd1(if its not already), setup for crome of hondata, pay for tuning

I think you can still tune OBD0 systems; isnt that what MikeBergy is doing?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I think you can still tune OBD0 systems; isnt that what MikeBergy is doing?
yes, with turbo edit. head over to http://www.pgmfi.org/ and check out the turboedit forum.
:werd:

If you have a PM6 ecu, get it socketed with a datalogging port (~$100), and buy an ostrich rom emulator(~$175). DL turboedit onto your favorite laptop - the opensource version (i have it for you if you want it, and don't want to look for it on the pgmfi site) not the old Parker release. Load a basemap onto the ostrich, and then take your car to the tuner, or buy the necessary equipment and tune it yourself. If you have 1700 to spend on an ecu, you can get a tune specifically for your car by a reputable tuner for a LOT less.

wow. I can't believe you bought that. I could have bought a socketed p28 with datalogging port, cromepro, and almost a wideband for that price. Waste of money.

we'll see. i have a few ideas that i wanta try with it and this motor befor i think about pulling out the obd0 and swaping in a obd1 or obd2 motor and ecu. so in other words if u wanta laught at me then go ahead and do so but i just wanta try something first befor i think about chipping my stock pr3(obd0) or my pm6

I'm not laughing at you. Just stating that it was a waste of money, because you spent good money on basically a chipped ecu. So it is from mine's, big deal. Unless they put YOUR car on a dyno and tuned the ecu you bought specifically for your car, it's nothing more than another chipped ecu with a prfessionally made basemap, bottom line. Here's a challenge - take your stock ecu that you had before as well as the new Mine's chipped ecu, and go to a dyno. Do pulls using both of the ecu's I guarantee you won't have gained more than maybe 2 hp. anywhere in the powerband. The stock ecu was made to run a stock engine, and you have stated you are running a stock engine. Nevertheless, tell us how your ecu works. I would've spent that money on tuning and dyno time. Plenty of people tune with obd0.

ok i agree i wont gain much with it right now but see my b16 (failed emissions with a 599 on HC and standard is 220) isnt helping me right now so im thinking of pulling it out and swaping back to my d16(do to emissions). so wile my stock d16 is back in the car im goin to do a b20vtec and shoot for a 12.5:1. if the mines ecu doesnt gain much with the fullly built motor(not just cams and pistions) then ill thinkg about getting my pr3 chipped. but i cant find anyone around here that will chip and tune my ecu

where do you live?

btw, if you are failing emissions with a stock engine and stock ecu, something is wrong somewhere.

i live in texas.

as far as the emission go i have no idea to make it pass i have tryed every thing i can think of.

If that thing is getting good spark, o2 sensor(s) are good, then I would check exhaust restriction to test for a bad cat.

cat was replaced and i got it to pass with a hc of 164 on high and 219 on the low. it just passsed yesterday but now my fuel and temp gauge dont work

Back