Mini Coopers suck.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cough* Euro, Nice looking but Pain in ass to work on! :(

Oh joy! This is why I don't buy Euro haha! Honda Trany install simple, Mini , got to drop the motor? sigh!

fyi.. gotta drop the subframe to change a clutch on the RSX also

as well you have to drop the sub frame on a newer accord to pull the tranny as well. thats not the issue though. the fact that a stock fly wheel cant take aftermarket parts, or after market parts cant be designed better to take a mini's stock fly wheel. stupid bs.

Last edited:
maybe thats why the old one blew apart?....I know a couple people who've specifically used *that* brand clutch (Spec) on a stock flywheel with no issues

are they loose?

-theres a TSB on the early Minis flywheels BTW

read ^

as well you have to drop the sub frame on a newer accord to pull the tranny as well. thats not the issue though. the fact that a stock fly wheel cant take aftermarket parts, or after market parts cant be designed better to take a mini's stock fly wheel. stupd bs.

Eg, I re read my post. i typo ed "stupid" ... lol

Buy yeah. the way the stock flywheel is on a mini is your bolt heads that secures it to the crank pokes out slightly about the clutches friction surface. the stock clutch as a hump in the inner part to keep it from hitting these bolts. aftermarket clutches do not have that hump. there for, the clutch hits these bolts and doesnt allow the pads to hit the surface. and if I grind down the bolts head. then I cant torque down the bolts. so. aftermarket flywheel it is. ACT ftw.

neat design about the mini clutch is, its a solid clutch. theres no springs in it, but the friction surface on the flywheel does give for tension release.
so thats kinda cool. but its still gay.

you mean stock mini clutch right? the clutch you posted above (puck clutch?) has springs.

maybe you have it backwards. stupid germans.

no chief. the stock mini clutch has no springs, how do I know it belongs to a mini? on the front of the clutch in white letters its printed "Mini"

F"CK YES! Im done with this car. this job is (so far) over :D

I'll post vid later

Another day and I would have asked to have you :ban: just for taking too long. :D

Glad to hear it's done, Sam. It sounds like it was a real pain in the ass.

Another day and I would have asked to have you :ban: just for taking too long. :D

Glad to hear it's done, Sam. It sounds like it was a real pain in the ass.

you have no idea. and now his battery keeps dieing and idk why. I have everything plugged in, if it was his alternator, then his battery life would of been done and never made the drive from here to orlando. I think he has a draw somewhere, or his battery is crap.

Back