Mini Goes Boom

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well my dad was going to work yesterday, driving on I-96 to detroit. All of a sudden a huge rock out of nowhere (we are thinking that it came from an overpass) hits to my dads hood, tumbles, puts another few huge dents in the hood region, travels towards the windsheild, bending the wiper, and finally brakes the windsheild. Weirdest thing was, my dad never saw the rock, it just happen so suddenly. Here are a few pics.
s3e8ce480bde3b.jpg

You can kinda see the path it took here.
s3e8ce470e8a8f.jpg

Close up of the windsheild
s3e8ce4627987b.jpg

Inside veiw, notice the small peices of glass on the dashboard

There was also glass on the passenger seat but he did not take a pic of it.

All in all, about 5 parts must be replaced. If anyone has seen the MINI cooper, it's lights are built into it, and the hood is also the front quarter panel.

He is pissedoff because this is his baby, I am pissed off because now he can't autoX his car this weekend.

Only good thing, no one got hurt

Yep it is the S, (supercharged 6-speed for non mini fans) We have not gotten a good estiment about the damage.

Man that sucks ass.Sorry to see that.

Damn that sucks. I love the new mini's. Can your old man autox pretty good in the mini? I have heard some good things about the suspension.

Damn, that sucks. How big was the rock/how far did it fall from? That looks like a hell of a lot of a damage. :(

it's michigan i tell you .. black people in detroit love to throw shit off the overpass.

and i'm not trying to be racist.. that is simply a fact.

shit man. that is some fucked up shit! there are some really sick fucks out there. thank god your dad wasnt hurt. hope they catch whoever did that.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 3 2003, 11:16 PM
Damn that sucks. I love the new mini's. Can your old man autox pretty good in the mini? I have heard some good things about the suspension.

The thing is unbeliveable around corners for a car that is just over 23k fully loaded except for GPS and leather. There is absoulty no body sway but the ride is still comfrotable. However, my dad sucks at driving, he brakes to late, through the turn or else just coast through it in nuetral, (dosn't put it in a low gear and accelerate through it.

Ouch. Bad rock! I love that car... it's SO much fun to drive!

Plus you get so many looks in it. It is so fun to drive it hard.

it's michigan i tell you .. black people in detroit love to throw shit off the overpass.

Yep, that is probally what happened.
Now my dad wants to drive my car in the AutoX :ph34r: run and hide :wall: Of course, I will be in the passengers seat.

if it was someone who threw a rock over an overpass, I hate fucking people like that. If I saw the kid I would take the exit, drive up there, and beat them to near death.

Back