Mini Me Again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn_racer

I have a 94 del sol Si, and i wanted to build a mini me, first of all the bottom end, i wanted to use a D16Y7(96-00) bottom end, is that a good choice because everyone is using the D15 bottom end, and i was thinkin whyn't a bigger bottom end? and jus slap my D16Z6 head on it, but i also read that the D16Y8 head has higher compression so logically shouldn't the Y8 head get more power out of it?.....next thing is the whole OBD1 vs. OBD2 (Y8vsZ6) wats easier?...another thing is that which manifold is better to use, the Z6 or the Y8, i heard the Z6 flows better than the Y8....last thing is that i want to eventually Boost the Mini me, and shouldn't a lower compression be better, so wouldn't i want to choose the Z6 head?

someone shed some light on my inquiries!!!!!!!!

ok... you already have a vtec engine...the only reason why someone would want a mini-me is if they they have a sohc non-vtec engine. like me, d15b7...if you want more power, swap the IM with the y8 one.... runnin a mini-me with either heads is already high compression, so boost is not recommended.
just boost ur z6 or swap, i considered the mini-me because i DONT HAVE VTEC, and its not worth it.....rather save up and drop an h22

wrong forum. you have an EG/EH.
and, you already started a topic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back