Mini Me Again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kn_racer

I have a 94 del sol Si, and i wanted to build a mini me, first of all the bottom end, i wanted to use a D16Y7(96-00) bottom end, is that a possible choice because everyone is using the D15 bottom end, and i was thinkin whyn't a bigger bottom end? and jus slap my D16Z6 head on it, but i also read that the D16Y8 head has higher compression so logically shouldn't the Y8 head get more power out of it?.....next thing is the whole OBD1 vs. OBD2 (Y8vsZ6) wats easier?...another thing is that which manifold is better to use, the Z6 or the Y8, i heard the Z6 flows better than the Y8....last thing is that i want to eventually Boost the Mini me, and shouldn't a lower compression be better, so wouldn't i want to choose the Z6 head?

someone shed some light on my inquiries!!!!!!!!

stick to obd1 stuff. that means nothing newer than '95. you already have a d16z6 motor so i don't know why you want to do a mini-me swap.

dicide how much money you have to play with and we'll go from there.

wtf? you have a d16z6.

building a reverse mini me is like buying a gsr and putting an LS head on it.

dont waste your time dude.

you think going straight boost is better for my motor then?

adding a 1.5 bottom end is counterproductive. its a smaller motor. yeah, it makes a few more horsepower, but thats due to compression. chances are, you don't want to run 11:1 compression on a boosted setup anyway.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2003, 02:49 AM
wtf? you have a d16z6.

Boost what you have, as long as it's in good shape. There's no point in building a mini-me if you already have a D16Z6.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 17 2003, 04:57 AM
There's no point in building a mini-me if you already have a D16Z6.

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jul 17 2003, 02:46 AM
stick to obd1 stuff. that means nothing newer than '95. you already have a d16z6 motor so i don't know why you want to do a mini-me swap.

Why does the OBD of a block matter? Only the Distributor, injectors, and ECU care what OBD they are. Sure the alternator has a different plug, and there may be a couple different little parts, but OBD is way too big of an excuse for what does and doesn't go together well.

Originally posted by solblu+Jul 17 2003, 07:41 PM-->
saturn_boy96
@Jul 17 2003, 02:46 AM

Why does the OBD of a block matter? Only the Distributor, injectors, and ECU care what OBD they are. Sure the alternator has a different plug, and there may be a couple different little parts, but OBD is way too big of an excuse for what does and doesn't go together well.

its more than just that, its emmission restrictions. Theres a shit load more and more sensors. Stick with OBD1

Back