mini me+boost=?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c-rex-beat

yeah, it's a vtec.
I just completed first mini me swap and learned a lot of shit. It's a 89 crx with 92 b7/z6 mini me. My question is, can you safely boost it with stock internals?

if you haven't redone the bottom end with new rings you may want to consider atleast doing that. its common for mini-me swaps to cause the older bottom ends to go out and start burning oil. so throwin some boost at it could possibly toast your rings, but its hard to say. every engine's different. course if you had it apart you could do better rods or atleast some arp rod bolts and some new bearings.

I really think a rebuild is in order probably around first of year. Just didn't know if c/r was too high for boost.

I really think a rebuild is in order probably around first of year. Just didn't know if c/r was too high for boost.

i know the a6/y8 setup can end up with like 10.5/1 cr or somewhere round there, certainly not boost friendly. i'm honestly not sure what the cr of a z6/b7 setup would be. maybe like mid 9's. I imagine you could still run a few pounds of boost and be fine. but i would certainly look into it to be sure.

Just make sure you have good compression and good fine tuning. Dyno it and start low on boost and the tuner should be able to determine how much Boost your engine can handle and be safe.

Back