mini-me d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoSeS

ok im looking at putting a d16y8 head on my d16y7 block. my question is, is how involved is this swap? what will i need, and what will i have to do to my block? i appreciate any help from those of you who have already done this swap. also i don't need any posts telling me to swap to a b-series or k-series or turbocharge, thats not what i want to do.

Well, for a D16Y7 to D16Y8 swap, you'll need a VTEC head, appropriate ECU, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and an O2 sim if you plan on using the Ex exhaust manifold (LX, DX have close coupled cats, and none after the downpipe). Additionally, you're going to need a harness from an EX (or wire the new TPS, VTEC, oil pres, and other sensors).
The hardest part is the TB/Intake Manifold changeover, some sensors arent interchangeable the two, and I don't know if you can bold the Y7 TB on the Y8 manifold.

ok i know this is sad because i have been into hondas for about 6-7 years now but i have never owned a vtec honda. what is involved with wiring in vtec? would i be able to splice it into my d16y7 harness??

I don't know whats involved with OBD2 wiring, but for OBD1, you need to run wires for oil pressure sensor, ground for the solenoid, and the solenoid wire.

Back