Mini me d16y8?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c97x

sorry boss, its turbo
what do you guys think of the mini me swap on a d16y7, i have decided that im keeping the engine and not swapping to a b series. i was thinking on the mini me but dont know if its worth it. i will eventually be building the engine then turboing it, but thats far off in the future. Or should i just swap in the ex tranny replacing my tranny. i am an auto tech major in college so doing this work wont be a problem.

i meant to say that i dont know if the price is worth the upgrade i heard vtec is overrated but idn just lookin for some answers

but i wont be running a b16, it will be a d16, with the haed swap ill get about 20 horse and bump compression up, eventually ill be makin it low compression for turbo, eventually...

me and my cousin did the D16Z6 on his 90 crx and its great... fun to drive, good power, have a few idle issues and still needs to be tuned... but its def a build id recommend.

well then i was thinking of replacing my 5spd with the tranny out of an ex, but in the long run i dont think it will be better, i figure with the turbo staying in gear longer would be the better choice

i also got my eye on a crx with a blown motor deffianatly feel like droppin a b16a out of a sir in there

im just trying to make this car a quick contender, i dont plan on taking it to a drag track, if i were to race it it will deffiantly be autocross, rather than going in a straight line,

all my buddies drive vdubs and there all alittle quicker than i am, but on the same token i dont have much in my car yet, smokin some vdubs would be nice

Back