mini me help.... d15 - d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crazy_JL

Anyone know about doing the mini me swap using the y8 head, mani, fuel rails, and injectors? Theres alot of info on the z6 but not much on the y8, I'm just concerned cause it ODB2. Is it pretty much plug and play ?(i know theres some wiring involved but not really sure for what aside from the vtec part.)
Any info or link would be appriciated.
Its going on a 89 dx (d15b2) I am planning on doing the dx to si wiring and then work from there...
Thanks,

I have a D16Y8 in my rex and mine is setup using a 95 civic Si intake manifold and a P28 (both of which are from a 92-95 civic Si)...that way you're OBD1 and you have a better ECU to work with. i have found some sites about the D16Y8 just search google for "crx D16Y8" i belive...if any questions get back to me. Mine is all done now with no codes, just hunting down a possible vaccum leak.

Oh yeah the P28 controls the Vtec as well and has the best setup i hear for tuning.

Vince

what kinda info are you looking for on either the y8 or z6 head? i know where to get some depending on what your looking for.

1. MPFI conversion

2. use d16y8 head the dizzy is a direct swap onto the head

3. use ZC ecu with a homemade vtec switch or vtec contoller...due to the ZC ecu supplying enough gas to make 130HP it should be make enough for the vtec

4. or use a rectifyer and use a pr3 or pwo OBD-0 b16 ECU run the engage for both the cams into the rectifyer...and then one output, and since for cams kick in at the same time on the b16 you should be fine...

5. OBD-1 conversion

http://www.geocities.com/c_rexboy/minime.html

Back