mini me help needed asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zach_teg_king

jdmzach "country boy"
ive got a 95 civic ex, with a d16a6 block, si 5spd tranny, and im about to install my d16z6 head and manifold to make it a hi compression mini me...

ive got the z6 head, complete with dizzy, manifold, all sensors, vtec solenoid, p28 ecu, z6 timing belt and z6 headgasket

im wanting to know...is this everything i need? and will i need a adjustable cam gear or stock z6 cam gear to use this head on my block? also, which timing belt do i need to use, the a6 belt or the z6 belt? any help is appreciated

yes, a6 block is almost identical to z6 block.
you can use a6/z6 belt, and stock cam gear.
don't forget to remove the oil jet...

ok im using the z6 stock cam gear, and just really need to know if its ok to use my a6 timing belt or if i need to use the z6 belt...ive heard there is a tooth difference in the belts...also, ive removed the oil jet, that was the first thing i did when i got the old head off my block. i know this stuff is pretty simple, but its my first build...ive tone some simple and common swaps, so i have that common honda knowledge, but never did a mini me...

use the z6 belt.

thanks...ive got it running right now, i just need to bump my timing a lil, get a better tune on this stock p28, and most importantly, get my vtec wired up to the ecu right, not with a switch or button lol thanks for the help, lovin the power of this mini me...can someone explain to me this concept of detonation...and do i need to worry about it?

time it at 16* btdc.
(pre)detonation is when the spark comes too soon. (air/fuel mix starts burning before the piston is ready to go back down).
you have pretty much a d16z6 with c/r of 9.96:1 instead of 9.14:1 if you are using the a6 pistons.

Back