mini-me help...please look

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackers

Hey everyone,

i have just finished doing a mini-me swap into my civic.

i used a d15b7 block with a d16z6 head, intake, and exhaust manifold.
i have a cold air intake on it and have done the normal maintenance/tune up items.

when i start it up and drive the car i get ALOT of pinging/detonation, i have no idea what it might be other then maybe the timing is off but if i adjust the distributor timing nothing really changes.

i dont want to drive the car yet as i dont want to wreck the motor as i just got it all together

any ideas from anyone of what it might be or things i could do to try to fix this?

let me know

thanks

M

might need a valve adjustment.. .. what octane gas you running?

Last edited:
alright thats something ill look into doing for sure...

as far as i know it is regular 87 octane in it

have you put a timing gun to it and seen if you are on time. Thats where i would start and go from there. But for sure run 91 or 93 what ever is the highest octane where you live. Valve lash is common in honda engines. so i check that part of it after you know the timing is set correctly. if your timing is a tooth off in the advanced direction turning the distributor will not fix it. So check your timing.

Make sure you bypass the cpu before attempting to change your ignition timing or the cpu will attempt to correct any change you do to it.

Back