mini me is done!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
i got my d16z6 swap done finally. it runs very well and it's a HUGE improvement from the 70 hp CX motor. first gear: 42mph@6500rpm. 2nd gear:78mph@6500rpm. i set my red line lower than the 7200 redline on the EX head, because my motor started losing power around 6700 or6800. i doubt, well i KNOW i'm not getting the horsepower i could be getting, but i had to use the CX header. reason is because the catalytic converter is right below the small header. so, i need to get a performance header and downpipe so i can put the si cat on. and that means re-doing my exhaust. hopefully with something quality rather than "exhaust pros" cat back exhaust. what exhaust is recommended that will give me the best results??

what do you guys think of my plans to build my single cam motor (low compression pistons, new valve train, etc.) and slapping a respectable turbo kit on? i know you people would rather say to put a b series motor in instead of keeping the single cam, but i think the satisfaction of having maybe 200 hp on my single cam would be better than the b series. i don't know, but i like that idea better. :blink:

that manifold REALLY sucks, it's like half the diameter size. I would just run an open Z6 manifold w/o a cat Screw it, but then again you could be from an emmissions crazy state.

do you have any pictures of your completed motor. I'd love to see it!!!

A SOHC VTEC turbo setup can make quite a bit of power, so go for it if that's the path you choose. You can make pretty decent power without upgrading the internals too, so weigh piston/rod/hone/installation cost as part of your decision when you start pricing your turbo setup.

Back