mini me on NOS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

Well I just put my nx express kit in and I am running a 50 wet shot and the car runs great.What is the max I could run and not really worry about blowing it up?

50 is safe. 75 on a wet kit shouldn't be too bad. make damn sure the motor is in good condition, and retard your timing ~2ish degrees when you will be using it.

Right on thanks. I want to take it to the track before it ran a 15.9 im hoping to hit high 13 low 14s this is my D.D.

a lot of it depends on how many miles are on your engine.
i'm pretty sure that you can't use enough nitrous to get you into 13's unless you retard your timing 3-4° and have less(than stock) restricted air delivery. What plugs are you using?

The rule is that you can half of you'r stock horsepower in forced induction, so if you'r motor comes with 100 hp stock you can safely run a 50 shot. I would definally check you'r compression before you put a bigger shot on because nos will fry the shit out of you pistons and rings, so just make shure they are in good shape and hold compression. Also run colder plugs and like everyone else said retard you'r timing when you want to squeeze, you can just make 2 diffrent marks on you'r dizzy so when you hit the track you can change it.

The rule is that you can half of you'r stock horsepower in forced induction, so if you'r motor comes with 100 hp stock you can safely run a 50 shot. I would definally check you'r compression before you put a bigger shot on because nos will fry the shit out of you pistons and rings, so just make shure they are in good shape and hold compression. Also run colder plugs and like everyone else said retard you'r timing when you want to squeeze, you can just make 2 diffrent marks on you'r dizzy so when you hit the track you can change it.
when u say retard your timing and you can make marks on ur dizzy how do u do that? do u have pics or something im lost............ also u say run colder plugs would u have to change thoses in and out each time u wanted us nos or could u always drive on colder plugs?

Yea just put colder plugs in and always run them, as far as your timing you can get a timing gun and you need to find the timing marks, then you can loosen you'r dizzy bolts and spin your dizzy to retard or advance you'r timing. So mark you'r dizzy where it's at, then time it to be a couple of degree's retarded and mark it there. If not find someone who knows how to time you'r car, he will know what im talking about, it's very basic.

Back