mini me problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

razma369600

hi guys i am bulding a d16 mini me on top of a d15 My question is do i have to swap the D15 water pump with the d16 water pump the d15 has 17 teeth on the gear how many teeth does the d16 have?And also does any one have an ideas on a good rpm active switch

you can use the D15 water pump... i used it on mine and had no problems
make sure you remove the oil jet from the D15 block
RPM activating switches are the worse way to do it .... you will not have the correct timing or fuel maps
get a P28 and wire it up right

the car 92 civic lx the block is a d15b7 the is the 1.6 d16z6 Now you guys say to remove the oil jet? More info on that please Also i should use the si timing belt right ?

use the Si timing belt.... if you can get a Si harness you will have no wiring to do (92 civics are all pre wired for VTEC to the shock towers)

heres the oil jet

oiljet.jpg

use some nedle nose plyers or a small nail or something... it pulls right out

If my memory serves me , if you don't remove the oil just vtec will never be activated.

CRX-YEM said:
If my memory serves me , if you don't remove the oil just vtec will never be activated.

correct, if you dont remove the oil jet then the vtec head does not get sufficient pressure of oil so that the vtec kicks in...

otherwise the head just stays in "safe mode" so to speak and doesnt act like vtec...

make sense :) ?

Back