mini me problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i put a vtec head on a 1.5 block. my problem is when i go to turn the crank the timing belt starts to slide off the head and crank pulleys. im currently using the complete 1.5 bottom end including water pump.. etc. the belt tensioner we stripped so i tapped it to a 7/16 standard .. (all i had) the belt is tight like it should be but it starts to slide off alittle bit.. im afraid to start it like this. please help

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Apr 26 2005, 08:44 PM
do you have the timing belt keeper on the bottom where the crank is under the lower cover
[post=491801]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont have the cover on at all. please explain this belt keeper . anyone can reach me at slammedb18acivic aim thanks

mike, if you swing by my house this weekend, we can take a look at the factory service manual for the motor and you'll see the problem

of course, I don't know how you'll swing by since the car isn't running

:doh:

What belt are you using? If your using your stock DX belt that could be a reason I would upgrade to a VX or EX belt. (info gotten from Honda tunning)

Originally posted by BlueballSiR@Apr 28 2005, 01:36 PM
What belt are you using? If your using your stock DX belt that could be a reason I would upgrade to a VX or EX belt. (info gotten from Honda tunning)
[post=492591]Quoted post[/post]​

a sad moment, i got the timing belt all figured out and the motor in. . but when i go to top off the fluids , never saw so much coolant poor from my head. apparently the kid put a 1.5 headgasket on. .. mikeys gotta rip it all apart now.. fricken kids.

took the head off, and put the right gasket on. belt coming off was i forgot that huge black washer.. haha having probs with timing etc.. but she starts .

Back