mini me problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

matched the marks with the arrows.. still think the timing is wrong. the car starts but sputters and bogs out causing it to stall. wont stay running. any suggestions? also is there a site i can go to to see this timing situation.

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@May 2 2005, 08:22 PM
matched the marks with the arrows.. still think the timing is wrong. the car starts but sputters and bogs out causing it to stall. wont stay running. any suggestions? also is there a site i can go to to see this timing situation.
[post=494190]Quoted post[/post]​

clean ur iacv ports and make sure its not bad probley just gunked up

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@May 3 2005, 05:00 PM
does anyone have the timing specs for this motor? i swear the timing is dead nuts. the car does nothing but crank.
[post=494574]Quoted post[/post]​

Test compression for bent valves? :(

please help the car starts but stalls out after idle.. i took off the iacv and cleaned it the best i could.. what else could it be

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@May 5 2005, 03:00 PM
please help the car starts but stalls out after idle.. i took off the iacv and cleaned it the best i could.. what else could it be
[post=495597]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont know about honda but with my old eclipse, i had the same problem. My problem was the crank was 180 out. (Thats what i got for being lazy and asking someone else for help). The eclipse might be diffrent though? Just a thought.

I just finished my swap. I have a 99 hatchback and I swaped a 98 D16Y8 head and intake manifold. Yesterday the car has the same symptoms and you are describing. The car will start, I had to mess with the timing a lot and that sucks, but if I give it a lot of gas the engine dies, however if I tap the throttle very fast the rpm's go up.
Anyway I wired up a P2P Ecu but I kept my D16Y7 TB. I performed the IACV 3 wire to 2 wire fix although there is no way to tell which goes were.

-I'm wondering if my timing cound be off a tooth
-and If I need a Y8 TB.

Back