1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini me question

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by b16civic, May 14, 2007.

1. b16civic

b16civic New Member

will a d16y8 distributer fit on a d16z6 head.. my freind is doin a mini me swap with my old z6 head but he needs a distibuter thanks

2. b16civic

b16civic New Member

what you sayin.. it wont work if its not obd2. and he is runnin it the same as it was obd1

3. dtob

dtob New Member

He can use the OBD1 distributor on the OBD2 vehicle because the wires are all the same. Just needs to rewire it with the OBD2 plug.

4. dtob

dtob New Member

I just finished re-wiring my obd2 dizzy to work on my z6 harness. All the wires are the same colors and the only difference is the obd 1 uses two plugs whereas the obd 2 uses one.

5. dtob

dtob New Member

Ya but I don't have to cut a leg off it to make it work.

6. dtob

dtob New Member

NO mine is going on a b18 and it was supposed to be obd1 when i bought mine from ebay but when i got it i found out that it was obd 2.

But ya if an A6 dizzy would fit on a y8 head then it would make sense to do that.

7. dtob

dtob New Member

No but he could take the z6 dizzy and rewire it for obd2 is what I'm saying. Just take the plugs from his stock dizzy and solder them on. To my understanding his car is obd2 and the head is obd1. Take the obd1 dizzy and rewire it for obd2 with the obd2 plugs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted