Mini me rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gohan128

OK I registered today hoping someone can help me out..So Here goes.
I've got a blown up D16z6 and I need to fix it, not enough money now for the H22 just need it to run aite. Well I've been looking and finging a replacement block on ebay is pretty damn hard. I've lost two auctions for them; however, according to the compression calculator at http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm i can get the same from a d16y7 block. This give me the same compression ration and cc ok. But however If i put D15b7 pistons in I get a higher compression ratio (10.7:1) to the stock (9.1:1) which is better right??? However unless I'm wrong about the Piston-to-Deck height the 10.7:1 is with d15b7 height but with d16z6-d16y7 height i get (11.3:1) which one is correct because I have d15b7 pistons and rods 3 good d16z6 pistons and rods and if I buy this d16y7 I'll have all of those. This is getting confussing so someone please help me out.

Josh
Webmaster
http://www.gohan128.com

The D15 pistons will increase your compression ratio if you don't slam them into the head... the compression height is taller than the D16. The D15 rods will turn you into a... D15. You'll lose displacement. I don't even think you can use the D15 rods on the D16 crank, and you definitely can't use a D15 crank in a D16 block. If you want to increase compression without spending too much money, get the DOHC ZC pistons (PM7 or P29). On your stock rods and using a stock OEM head gasket, you can get 12.0:1 compression and not slam the pistons into the head.

Thanks but I don't wanna spend more money on the zc pistons its either leave d16y7 in the d16y7 block and putting the d16z6 head on it or doing the same thing but with the b7's pistons or is it just to close to the head. So i guess I'm just trying to say is it better to use b7 or y7 pistons??!!??!! Cuz accorrding to the calculator i get 1590.595..... cc of displacement and the stock d16 is 1590.586 confussing...
Oh yeah in your opinion cuz i assume you know more should i go ahead and get the y7 or wait for a z6 or does it not really matter??

It doesn't matter. If you're going to rebuild with the Y7 bottom, you'll be fine. Don't bother with the B7 pistons- they may or may not hit the head.

Back