Mini me setup and Q's.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theB16tegguy

Ok Me and a friend are doing a Mini me swap soon and I have a few questions. It's a Y8 head with a 90 D15 block. We looked up what the piston to pin clearance is on the D-series and B and there the same. So that tells us that the B16 pistons can be put on his rods.... right?? We found out that we would have to bore to 81mm and the stock d-series bore is 74mm correct? we will be putting new bearings and possibly shot peening the rods.(how much does this run?) also should we plane the deck and resurface the head? We will also be keeping it OBDO and putting his old DX harness on there with an SI Dist. and we will have to convert to MPFI. The PR3 or PWO should be suitible right? Most importantly is if these pistons work will the piston to vaalve clearance be OK? Please add info and comments. We want it to be pretty quick so any cheap tricks or ideas will be appreciated. Lastly, what kind of compression ratio will I be looking at? I'm sure I'm forgeting things so help me out. Thanks. :worthy:

You have to be the stupidest motherfucker in the world, I really wouldn't suggest going to a machine shop and ask them to bore you little d block 7 mm, unless you'd like the whole shop including the customers in and arounf the shop to laugh at u. BTW if you want to use b16 pistons, buy a b block.

Man, don't attempt it. The stock cylinder walls are already so thin, just get a B series. (Check out Erick Aguilars car though, its a 1.8 GSR bored and stroked to a 2.3!

why dont u guys stop being assholes for once and just be nice and educate him. everyone started out not knowing very much and then you LEARN, well, help him LEARN instead of being jackasses. god damn.

`dont bore your block
`b series pistons in a d series block? bad idea. get d16ZC pistons if anything
`i believe comp ratio with y8 head on a D16 block is around 10-11:1 im not sure about a d15
`if your looking on spending money boring/shot peening then just go with a stock b16 or b18 it would be worth the money.

I'm going to use the D16a6 pistons, honed with new rings okay..... so chill about the boring shit. I was just worried about getting a good ring seal. I'm not getting a B-series so shut up about it. Igot all the info I need so to those who hate on the D-series...... fuck off and peace out!

I've heard stories, now I said stories so dont take any of this to heart, of a guy running 89 Integra Pistons, rods, and the crank in his 90 D15 block with a Vtec head, Y8 I believe.... how feasably I dont know. But they are both D-series and should work together. as far as running fast and all that shit I dontknow... this particular car ran a 12.3 or something... It was in this months Honda Tuning... so buy it and read up!

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 14 2003, 08:08 PM
You have to be the stupidest motherfucker in the world, I really wouldn't suggest going to a machine shop and ask them to bore you little d block 7 mm, unless you'd like the whole shop including the customers in and arounf the shop to laugh at u. BTW if you want to use b16 pistons, buy a b block.

How was this helpful at all. The original poster is not stupid. Maybe a little ignorant but we all started somewhere. You are the stupid one.

The bore on the D series block is too small to accept the B16 piston so they will not fit. Also B16 pistons will not fit on D series rods.

Thanks to all who REALLY helped. Glad I now now what to do. Any clues to what power I will be putting down? : y8 head with stage 1 crower cam. 2. D16a6 pistons.(supposed 12 something compression ratio?) 3.balanced and knife edged crank. polished crank with new HONDA bearings. 4. shot peened rods. 5. fuel reg and fuel rail with Apexi Vtec controller. Oh and by the way, the person that I'm doing this for thinks that his old head bolts will be fine......? I told him to get new OEM bolts.

dont really know what kind of power you will be making with that setup. Always get new head studs, OEM or ARP, whatever you choose. new headgasket as well. good luck with the build.

Back