mini me swap help.. d16a6 -d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thekid3

I have a 95 civic ex, with a swapped d16a6 non vtech motor in it...
I am interested in doing a mini me swap for vtech of course... My over all plan is to build my single cam motor all motor, no boost,, i plan on taking my time and building it up... i am going to buy a head from gude performance who make special aftermarket heads that guarentee 50-60 hp to the wheels. since d series head swaps are just bolt-ons i want to get d16y8 head package from them.

their packages contain..
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ported and Polished Cylinder Head[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High Compression Radius Cylinder[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Racing Valve Grind[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ported Intake Manifold[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ported Throttle Body[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Camshaft(s)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ECU[/FONT]

here is their link: Gude - Head Package (for you guys that want to do a lil research to really help me out)

so if i order the d16y8 head from them what would i need to complete the conversion? lets say their head is a normal y8 head..

Do i need the vtech solenoid? or does that something found inside the y8 head?(im kind of a noob sorry)

remember i have a d16a6 so what all will i need to do this head swap? vtech wiring? fuel rail? fuel injectors? new distributer?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your input and help.

You will need a vtec solenoid, and obd1 dizzy(TD42u), OBD1 4 wire o2 sensor,
P28 ecu, the timing belt that goes with the head you're using, A head gasket for the head you're using, OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness, and vtec sub harness from Rywire - Online Store. You can still use obd0 injectors they will work fine.

Last edited:
Back