mini-me swap- knock sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

triton302

hey, i just did a "mini me" job on my 99 civic dx, has 98 EX head, intake, dizzy, vtec solenoid, etc. i used the stock y7 harness and spliced wires for the VTEC. everything is working fine... except i get an engine code that says its not reading signal from the knock sensor and the check engine light stays on. its not affecting the drivability right now, but the vtec doesnt kick in half the time because it missing that knock sensor. is there a way i can reprogram the ECU to get it to "read" a knock sensor that's not there, or will i definitely have to install one? if i can get a programmer, which ones are sufficient for this thats a decent price, or if i have to get the sensor installed, how much will it cost? any help is appreciated. thanks!

i just did the same swap and had the same problems i still havent figured out why the sensor wasn't working
i said f-ck it and used my dx ecu (p2e) and wired my vtec to a switch on the wheel yeah it sounds getho but f-ck it
if i need the vtec i can kick it on and off as needed
as for your queastion driving your car with those codes shouldn't hurt anything
but if you find a solution to your problem im me and let me know what you found out

Back