Mini Me Swap No-Go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mugen Kid

Ok, so I was planning on doing a mini-me swap on my D15B7 with a D16Z6 head (the head was port and polished, 3 angle valve cut, and was decked) But after a lot of research I'm kinda thinking it's not a good idea. What I wanted was a cheap way to get some extra zip but I'm thinking it's too much work for not that much. I don't really wanna do up a SOHC (not that it's a bad idea, just not for me) So I think I'm gonna save and do a B16a swap down the road.

I'm still kind of unsure about the head swap though, is it really worth it? My main concern is the reliability issue. Plus anything can go wrong during the head swap. Basically what I'm asking is, is the mini me worth it?

i had one ... it was a little faster than the stock D16Z6 that i blew the bottom end on.... but if i had to do it from scratch with a non VTEC car ... it wouldnt be worth it

get an LS engine

fuck VTEC

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 11 2004, 02:09 AM
i had one ... it was a little faster than the stock D16Z6 that i blew the bottom end on.... but if i had to do it from scratch with a non VTEC car ... it wouldnt be worth it

get an LS engine

fuck VTEC

Bah, I like LS's but they got that burning oil problem. B16's aren't too hard to come buy and there pretty rock solid.

oil burning problem?????

havent seen that

yeah, i've always known the LS to be a pretty stout little engine- as of right now, my girlfriends integra has 108k on a stock ls and it doesn't burn any oil at all- and let's just say the last 12k on the motor haven't exactly been easy driving miles ;-)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 11 2004, 08:22 PM
yeah, i've always known the LS to be a pretty stout little engine- as of right now, my girlfriends integra has 108k on a stock ls and it doesn't burn any oil at all- and let's just say the last 12k on the motor haven't exactly been easy driving miles ;-)

hmmm maybe I'm thinking of a different engine. Well it's either an LS or B16 I will swap in due time. I've always been a fan of the LS.

Thanks

if your on a tight budget, get an LS. If where you live is anything like where i do you should be able to pick up an LS longblock for under $600.

if you've got a little more money to throw around get a JDM B16 from hmotorsonline.com

Back