Mini Me Swap Wont Put Out!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright
I took my 90 Crx Si & did a z6 swap. Z6 head, timing belt, gaskets, y8 HG, the whole nine yards. New plug wires & plugs (for the Z6, not the A6). After 3 weeks of work she's finally back together. The timing mark from the crank is lined up like it should be, and the cam gear is between 11 and 12 o'clock. Kept OBD0 and stok ecu for now, have a modded ECU which will go along with a RPM switch when I get it.

Car turns over NO SWEAT. you can hear it trying to start. Gets fuel, gets air. ECU blinks out 15 times small blinks, which I assume is code 1. But my O2 sensor is on
nly 5K miles old, and works fine! the ignition coil is only 3K old, and I know she puts out. The battery is new, and reads good on the voltmeter. I checked all connections like I should, and they are all good.

HELP!
suggestions please!

Thanks

Dr.

Make sure you have the right firing order. Check all grounds. (@ thermostat, valve cover, and tranny.) Firing order is, looking straight at the cap, 3 4
1 2

Firing order doesn't change, does it? Then it can't be that.

the book says one long beep indicated it's 10-19, and then however many short beeps is the second digit.

I redid all my engine grounds with 4 gauge wiring, so I think they're all set, but I will double check them, Thanks!

Anyone else? come on help me out!

Dr.

How did you set the ignition timing with the distributor?

I had this problem on my set up even though I'm running dpfi still. I had to stupidly retard it to get it to work.

I didn't set the timing with the dist yet, because it won't start. I held the dist. in my hand and tried it 3 different places and still no go.

Dr.

checked the rotor button, it seemed fine.

1. Where is the t-stat ground? I don't see one. . and when I replaced the thermostat I didn't see one. I even checked my service manual.

2. the VTEC has 2 plug-ins. The first is green and I forget the other one. Which one activates the VTEC, what does the other one do ?

I'm completly stumped, it's SO close to starting.

Dr.

i had a similar problem with my mini me.but i came to find that you have to cut two of the notch ends off the dist. so you can advance it futher. If you dont do this the engine will not start due to the timing being retarded to much. After you cut two of the notch ends off put nice size washers on the two bolts being that those are the only two bolts you can use to hold the dist on.
Do this and see.

The tstat ground is at the motor end of your lower radiator hose. The green/white wire is your vtec solenoid. the blue and black whire plug is your oil pressure switch.

Back