mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swimm397

have a 99 dx 5speed and am going to put the y8 head on. just need to get an ecu and the vtec connector. but as i was thinkin since im gonna have to get a ex wire harness to get those connections why not just put the whole wire harness in itself? would that work? or is there some connections that would fit right? cause if you thinkin about theres nothing really that different but the vtec wire and maybe some wires being longer or shorter plus a few wires you might not need.

so..could i just drop the whole ex wire harness in my dx with the mini me swap?

You shouldn't need a VTEC controller if you get an appropriate ECU. As for the harness question, yes, you could just use an EX harness if you want to, but adding the wiring for VTEC really isn't that hard. In fact, if you go to Rywire - Online Store you can order a VTEC sub-harness that will essentially take care of the wiring for you...

vtec CONNECTOR..as in plug not controller lol its ok we make mistakes. ok well thank you for the input...cause i was thinkin hard about it and i figured that it had to work. and ya i've heard about that rywire website...think i just might get it through there. thanks again you help clear my mind of something thats been running around for like a year lol

Back