mini me swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwishihadahb

i am low on money so i was going to mini me swap my car is a 95 civic dx with not a thing done to it I'm thinking of using a d16z6 head on my d15b7 block with a y8 head gasket p29 piston and a mild pnp and a p28 ecu is there anything more i should do to the fuel system other than running 93 octane gas and maybe cooler temp spark plugs i have read all over and i have not found the answers anywhere also maybe a si transmission if i can find one

You must be real comfortable doing a head gasket, wiring vtec(if you plan on using dx wiring harness), and timing belts. please dont take your rotozip or dremel tool to your head unless your absolutely sure your ready or have practiced enough. if you use your non vtect dizy, you can turn it quite a bit further and get the mega pep you would like out of it, you would just need to cut a little into one of the holes and add a place for the other two bolt up. you would be verry happy with the advance.

JUST TO CLARIFY
Comfrotable With Head gaskets
Comfortable with Timing Belts
Comfortable with home PNP or a Pro Shop

You may be happier with the same money into headders and a killer exhaust, unless your needing a rebuild...

valve seals are gone and the rings are shot so i was thinking about a rebuild but i wanted to add vtec well i was at it also how do you think the cr will be to high or have i read wrong that the cr will be 12:1 or will it be lower with the p29s

For the cost of rebuilding and the mini me swap you can do an Ls swap. B18a1s and OBD1 B18b1s are very cheap. I paid $800 for mine.

You must be real comfortable doing a head gasket, wiring vtec(if you plan on using dx wiring harness), and timing belts. please dont take your rotozip or dremel tool to your head unless your absolutely sure your ready or have practiced enough. if you use your non vtect dizy, you can turn it quite a bit further and get the mega pep you would like out of it, you would just need to cut a little into one of the holes and add a place for the other two bolt up. you would be verry happy with the advance.

JUST TO CLARIFY
Comfrotable With Head gaskets
Comfortable with Timing Belts
Comfortable with home PNP or a Pro Shop

You may be happier with the same money into headders and a killer exhaust, unless your needing a rebuild...
considering they're all fairly easy why not do it? he'll get wayyyy more power out of the mini me than with a header and exhaust on the b7
For the cost of rebuilding and the mini me swap you can do an Ls swap. B18a1s and OBD1 B18b1s are very cheap. I paid $800 for mine.
i dont think he'll have anywhere near that into it. he would still have to get a tranny, ecu, axles, etc.

I'm running a mini me with a d16a6 bottom end stock, crank, bearings, rods with vitara low comp pistons, and a stock z6 head boosting 10 psi. I've been running this setup for 10 months no problems, I'm assuming that im at or around 190 hp, and around 150-60 ft lbs, assuming these numbers do to just by the way that I've pulled around 4 cars on lightly modded gti's, and other cars alike. Also other supporting mods are stage 3 xtd clutch, steelies with bfg drag radials, si trans =)
ps. I blew my stock dx trans apart at my current level, doubt that speaks for anything though.

Back