mini me timing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, I'm almost ready to swap in my mini me, but I'm wondering about the timing, I'm using a z6 head and a y7 bottom, now what I'm wondering is seeing that I have an adjustable cam gear, do I just set it to 0 (where it would say up) and then it's pretty much done for the top end or what? because I ready that I have to set it to 16* before tdc, and if thats true how would I go about doing that?

thanks

16*bdtc is correct.
unless you have a z6 crank pulley you will need and adjustable timing light, set it to 16*btdc and time it from the white mark.
with a z6 crank pulley you can use a non-adjustable timing light and time it from the red mark.

alright, I've been reading all day and the one thing I'm not sure about is how to set the cam gear. thats one thing they never went over in anything I've read. like do I just set it to 0 or what? I picked up an adjustable cam gear and I just don't know how to set that

just set your cam gear to zero.
you don't need adjustable gear unless you have milled the head or are tweaking some aftermarket cam.
stock z6 cam gear would be fine and eliminate confusion.

Back