1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini-me turbo!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Supahatch, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Supahatch

Supahatch Junior Member

Would a mini-me work well with a turbo setup? or do you think i should go ahead and get the d16z6?? i have a CX so i didnt know.. ill be upgrading to pistons and rods!

thanks

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

ive seen plenty of D16Z6s with turbos ... i dont see why you couldnt do the mini me as well ... it would just require more tuning due to the higher compression

3. Supahatch

Supahatch Junior Member

does anyone make forged pistons and rods for the d15? and would they work even with the vtec head?

4. Havok

Havok Senior Member

I have seen a mini-me D15B7 w/ a D16Z6 head turbo'ed courtesy of GReddy's SOHC Turbo Kit. You can only run around 5-6 psi, tho.

5. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

I would say due to the higher compression of the mini me definately do not go over 6 psi! Also definately get an intercooler and BOV! These will help you out so you dont blow shit up. As for the pistons and rods... I really dont believe so. All that I have personally seen was the D16 pistons and rods. One thing you could do is bore your cylinders out so that the turbo D16 pistons fit. But be careful with this cause boring it out will weaken the block. I haven't seen block guards or sleeves for a D15 also. If your interested in turboing it and plan on pushing some ponies out of it. It might be better off if you get the D16Z6. There is ALOT of aftermarket support for this motor!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted