mini-me up and running but issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CptWillis

Hi everyone, my first post on this forum, i hope its in right place.
Recently finished a d16y7/y8 top end mini-me swap into a 98 m/t DX, from what i understand the timing gears should line up properly but i seem to be having a timing issue.

idle is revving up and down between about 600 and 900 rpm, and running somewhat rough, smells very rich and if i throttle it up it cuts out and dies at about 3 grand. as of right now i would say it is undriveable. the air intake is not put back on atm but i cant see that being the problem

I have done IACV 3 to 2 wire fix and installed knock sensor, I have NOT wired the vtec selenoid and pressure switch yet, but i dont think that would be causing this, im assuming i just wont have vtec until i do it.

this is parts list of what has been put in

D16Y7 bottom end
D16y8 head and intake
y7 fuel rail,fpr and injectors
p2p m/t ecu
megan racing header with both O2 sensors connected

from what i have read this seems to be a timing issue and i may need to purchase an adjustable timing gear, if so is it possible to do this without having to pull the crank pulley off again as this is a bitch now that the motor is back in the car.

Thanks again, my apologies if ive posted this in the wrong place

btw the knock sensor is installed but waiting on an old ecu plug to butcher up for the pins to click it into ecu, this may be problem....

Back