Mini-Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

::pop:: Anyways, I wanted to mini-me a D16Z6 head to my D15B7 block and I want to know what all parts I need for this, It's from an auto, not sure if I need anything different from the manual. So far, I know I need the following :
D16Z6 head
D16Z6 head gaskets
D16Z6 ECU
D16Z6 Dist.
D16Z6 Intake manifold (Skunk2 just came out with one, w00t!)
Timing Belt (not sure if I need from 92-95 Civic Si)

Anything else I missed, plz let me know, as I will be making a trip to the j-yard soon. Thx a lot guys, btw new forums r0x0rz! :)

"D16Z6 ECU"

...Did you not see this or are you saying I need an auto ECU? I can get one from a 95 EX Auto, but the Si ECU is better :(

Ebay

Is this a good deal? comes with the head, intake manifold, ECU...ends in 8 hours, a quick response would be helpful. :) Thx!

you coiuld get away with keeping you ecu if you wanted...theree are many many web sites that show you how. A few months back I did the mini-me swap...I had a D16a6 head,cam,intake,TB on my d15b...when I swapped to the z6 head...it felt like I lost alot of bottom end...and really had to rev(past4-5k)all the time to make power...so disapointed I swapped back..sold the Z6 stuff and started on my turbo set-up...but I have a few links for the mini-me swap...when I locate them I will post...good luck!

Originally posted by turntune@Sep 29 2002, 09:20 AM
you coiuld get away with keeping you ecu if you wanted...theree are many many web sites that show you how. A few months back I did the mini-me swap...I had a D16a6 head,cam,intake,TB on my d15b...when I swapped to the z6 head...it felt like I lost alot of bottom end...and really had to rev(past4-5k)all the time to make power...so disapointed I swapped back..sold the Z6 stuff and started on my turbo set-up...but I have a few links for the mini-me swap...when I locate them I will post...good luck!

Grrr, wish I knew this before!

eBay Winner :eek:

if you have 5 sp trans get the p28 ecu from a 5 sp. if you have automatic, get the p28 from an automatic EX. There's ways to make the wrong ecu work for your trans, but its easier to shop around

Back