1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mini me

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 87crxracer, Dec 6, 2004.

1. 87crxracer

87crxracer Junior Member

here whats up i got an 88 civic with a 93 1.5 vtech in it. i bought this from a friend and it ran at the time when he got it when i bougth the car it had quit running the motor still turn with good compresion it just want fire.. there in no power going to the distrubtior and everyshop i have took it to could not figure out why ... i think it is the computer but i dont konw what kind of civic it came out of it is a d1.5bvtech
    if anyone know what civic this motor came in it would help me so much

2. formby

formby learning in progress

right :emofo:
    first search
    second save $$
    third buy another motor

you will benefit from a sohc vtec because it sounds like you'll blow what ever you get your hands on...and they are cheap to replace....search

3. ryan89crx

ryan89crx Senior Member

if the engine code is just d15b and it is a vtec (not vtech, i dont think its a telephone) then it is a jdm only motor. it was never sold in US cars. it is basically the same as the d16z6(92-95 EX or SI) just with a little shorter stroke and shorter rods. puts out 130hp.
    it helps to tell more about your setup. what ecu are you running? what the exact engine code is, any other details that can help us help you.

4. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

Last i checked only the 1.6 came with a vtec head. But I could be wrong.

5. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

NOpe there is a 1.5 liter vtec motor... the d15z1 is vtec from the vx... and the mad tyte jdm D15b Yo!

6. ryan89crx

ryan89crx Senior Member

yep, theres the d15b jdm motor. 130ps, vtec head, 1.5 block. it is a stronger block than most 1.5 motors though

7. 87crxracer

87crxracer Junior Member

yea when the car ran the car was fast as hell it was unbeleiveable how fast the 1.5 revs and acclerates

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted