MINI ME ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! I just blew my D16Z6. So I want to boost a D15b7 with the Z6 head. The cars running but it wont rev past 6000rpms beacuse it starts backfiring. Is this timing problems? I used the Z6 timing belt and head gasket. TDC mark and CAM gear miss align a little. Should I just play with my cam gear and make it correct?? OR What else could it be?? Thanks in advance!

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys! I just blew my D16Z6. So I want to boost a D15b7 with the Z6 head. The cars running but it wont rev past 6000rpms beacuse it starts backfiring. Is this timing problems? I used the Z6 timing belt and head gasket. TDC mark and CAM gear miss align a little. Should I just play with my cam gear and make it correct?? OR What else could it be?? Thanks in advance!

it shouldn't be off at all. I've done it many times and currently have the same setup in my del slow....b7 bottom with z6 head. Possibly ur ignition timing is off? But, If i were you, i'd retime that motor. set block to TDC, and align the cam gear with the head. loosen tensioner pulley. slide on belt and tighten. This is 100x easier with the engine out or at least the whole driver's side of the motor exposed w/out the covers.

Quoted post[/post]]
im gonna be sorry i asked, but do you have a CEL?

No. I have no CEL..

I had to adjust the cam gear 4 degrees retard to make it match up with TDC but, I'll try retime the motor and see.. Someone told me, it could be burned/bent valves?? I'm still figuring it out.. Let ya know if I find it out.. OR does anyone know what else causes this problem??

bad springs. bent valves, running rich, retarded timing, compression loss...all cause backfiring.

Back