Mini rant :rant:

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
:rant:
So as many of ya'll know i've been waiting on my chipped P28 to get in so I can tune my ride to see if I can get rid of my bogging problem, since everthing else that i've done hasn't work. I.e., changing main relay, new 255 lph fuel pump, 440cc injectors, fuel pressure regulator, new plugs, new ignition wires, dizzy, cap, and rotor, tps, knock sensor, plus all the other underhood time for troubleshooting and working in under 30 degree weather. Anyways, I think late December to early January, I placed my order for my chipped P28 through ebay with this co.. (yes I am gonna call them out) Modified Racing Inc. out of Florida.

Got the confirmation e-mail right after paying for it saying most ecu's are shipped out within 48hrs and that the co. will call to verify everything before chipping ecu, i.e what engine, mods, and options like launch control, shift light. So 5 days went by and nothing, so I logged onto e-bay and went to check on it, when I noticed it wasn't in my "items won" section, so I'm like wtf. Did a search for the username, and got a messages saying they were no longer registered. (I had checked their feedback and stuff before placing the order, they were like a 99.2% and had been a registered user since Dec. of 05)

Panic started to set in, I had never shopped through e-bay before and started thinking, my first purchase and I already got screwed. So I went to the shops actual site, got their phone number and called just to see if it was legit as it was around 1am where i'm at. Got the answering machine, so that calmed me down a bit. Ok they got the site, the answering service ok i'm good. So I got off work that morning and called but no answer so I left a message, then went back on to their website when I got home got the email and sent them a message there to. Went to sleep, and woke up to a voicemail, and e-mail reply.

I called back and spoke to the owner, who said, "I don't know what happened to the account on ebay but we'll honor your order still, we have 3 ecu's in front of yours so we shoud get it out by Friday" which was about 3 fridays ago. Friday passed and on Sunday I got a email saying. We told you that your ecu would go out on Friday and it has, So why are you filing a claim? If you had a problem with it being shipped out on Friday you should of said something, please get this resolved. I'm like wtf I didn't file no claim.

So first thing I did when I got off work Monday morning, called the shop again. Supposedly there was a mix-up with another customer who had just ordered a chip and they sent him my ecu and when he got it he filed a claim for recieving the wrong item. So they were waiting for him to return it so they could ship it out to me. Two weeks go by and still nothing, so all of last week, just about every other day I've been calling leaving messages and e-mails and no reply. Then yesterday after I got off work and being somewhat tired from having to drive 2 hours to get home because of the snow storm that sprung up out here, I called from my girls phone to see if someone would pick up since it's a different area code (her's is for out here, I still have my Atlanta number) but no one did, then I called from my phone and nothing still.

So I went to sleep pissed, woke up to my phone going off with all my e-mails coming in, and one of them was from the store. "This is so and so from m.r.i I cannot speak due to surgery. But we had a big problem here and will be refunding your $ today due to u" I replied "Due to what?" He replied "I entruested my inventory 2 someone that took me 2 the bank. I was told every part was shipped. But they didn't. and now i'm out"

I guess I'm like a lil kid, after waiting all this time for something and then being told I can't get it again really get's me riled up. I don't care about the money I just want my shit. Dam i've waited this long just to be told no. Still haven't seen the credit to my account by the way. So I ordered another P29 from J-Ktuning.com today, found them through hondamarketplace, hopefully everything goes smooth with them.

End of Rant:blah: :rant:

this is exactly why i don't order anything online other than from chain stores like best buy or whatever.

i would try to find a good local shop if you can. you might save yourself a lot of trouble.

shoulda hit up one of our sponsors... xenocron, boomslang, rywire... i bet one of them if not all has a chipped ecu in stock :)

i can vouch for xenocron

so am i to understand that you're running 440cc injectors with no sort of managment?

i can vouch for xenocron

so am i to understand that you're running 440cc injectors with no sort of managment?
he was probably stock until he ran into problems then decided to upgrade instead of just replace. now he needs to tune what use to be a mostly stock engine. at least he didn't just run out and buy a vtack controller.

most honda injectors are roughly 200 cc's smaller than 440's
no managment with 440's could lead to washing down the cylinders

most honda injectors are roughly 200 cc's smaller than 440's
no managment with 440's could lead to washing down the cylinders
well, he does have an si so i think you are right on with the 240cc injectors. and that might be making his problem worse. he obviously needs a tune now with the added fuel.

well, he does have an si so i think you are right on with the 240cc injectors. and that might be making his problem worse. he obviously needs a tune now with the added fuel.
Yep exactly why I was a little pissed when I found out after waiting so long, that I now I had to end up ordering from somebody else. Like you said, I was tryna correct the problem I had and was gonna get bigger injectors anyway, I had ordered the ecu before the injectors and when I put them in I didn't think it would be this long before I was able to tune.

gotta buy a new one, haven't replaced the one that crashed on me 2 months ago yet, been too busy working on the car

Hey man, keep me posted. I just dropped a rebuilt, stock engine in my 2000 Civic LX and I've got a bogging problem myself. I was about to order some new injectors, but after reading your thread, it might not be it.. I'll make a video of my bogging problem just to see if it's the same as yours if you don't mind taking a look at it. It's hard to explain and it's random. Appreciate it.

-Sean

I've been dealing with driftspeed since August 05.

I still don't have my exhaust, or my money back.

Hey man, keep me posted. I just dropped a rebuilt, stock engine in my 2000 Civic LX and I've got a bogging problem myself. I was about to order some new injectors, but after reading your thread, it might not be it.. I'll make a video of my bogging problem just to see if it's the same as yours if you don't mind taking a look at it. It's hard to explain and it's random. Appreciate it.

-Sean

Yea, no problem also I have a thread on here also titled update on my bogging problem I have a vid of what mine is doing on there, I'll try to find the link for it.
Edit: https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/update-bogging-problem-82860/

I've been dealing with driftspeed since August 05.

I still don't have my exhaust, or my money back.

Dam that's a long time dude.

Last edited:
I just found it and mine is only at low rpm. It will make my car jerk and what not, it's weird. I'll get a vid up this weekend.

I just found it and mine is only at low rpm. It will make my car jerk and what not, it's weird. I'll get a vid up this weekend.
Yep, most people's are at low rpm's from the searching i've done i've only found like 4 other people that have posted on my 3 honda forums about bogging so high

:rant:

I guess I'm like a lil kid, after waiting all this time for something and then being told I can't get it again really get's me riled up. I don't care about the money I just want my shit. Dam i've waited this long just to be told no. Still haven't seen the credit to my account by the way. So I ordered another P29 from J-Ktuning.com today, found them through hondamarketplace, hopefully everything goes smooth with them.

End of Rant:blah: :rant:

So I take it no one else realized the type of ecu I said I ordered now?? I was just reading my post on my Team's page and was like wtf let me check hondaswap and se if I did the same thing.:D

Back