minime fork in the road

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baddawg1991

ok, so i have a d16a6 bottom end, zc1 transmission, and z6 head and intake manifold. the issue; i let someone use my car for a day and didnt know that the put a bolt in the fit valve to "fix" the idle problem......... now the problem has obviously grown, and i am running like a subaru on three cylinders. the bolt is either somewhere in the head or in the intake manifold, but im guessing the head, because i removed the spark plugs and cylinder 4's electrode and prongs were completely smashed and gone, and found the electrode chilling just inside the combustion chamber. so im guessing that bolt is in the chamber as well, and was thrown into the spark plug, which destroyed it. now, whatever the spark plug screws into appears to be out of line where as cylinder 3doesnt appear that way. What could be my problem?? a buddy says its a bent valve, in which case i would just get a new head. and if i go that direction, thinking y8 head due to higher compression ratings, which obviously translates to more whp and torque. but to sum it up, i need help diagnosing the issue, and determining whether or not i should just get a new head, and if so, y8, or z6??

I took apart the motor and found that there was a bolt stuck by the valve stem, and a nut in the cumbustion chamber that was on the piston along with 2 or 3 electrodes. so im guessing this has been a problem since before i owned the car........ but, just wondering, do i need a new head and pistons now, or is this salvagable? the piston is a little dinged up but nothing too bad. just a little rough of a surface, and the combustion chamber of the head is no different. and need to re compress one valve spring because it was un seated. if this head is not reusable should i go with a z6 head or a y8? thinkin y8 but need some input.

make sure that your valve is not bent and you should be coo;

Repalce the head or have the valves professionally replaced. from the sound of it you will need new seats also. they will vacuum test to make sure all is well.

Bayview Engineering & Inds
(360) 675-5300
F & S Automotive
(360) 675-3358 -
Andersen Machine Shop Inc
(360) 379-1031
Bayview Edison Industries
(360) 466-4160
Four H Machine Inc
(360) 299-2000
Ideality
(360) 629-7629