1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minime Swap Questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Dasfinc, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

like from my other thread "I aquired a D16Z6 Head in great condition with an OBX intake manifold sans the Vtec Solinoid for some PC repair work last night"

I'm getting the Vtec Solinoid shortly, I'm picking up an SI Wiring harness so it will all be plug and play *92 Hatch, so all the shocktower wiring is already there* New Dizzy, New plugs, New wires, but my questions are What should I do about my ECU? and What headgasket should I buy for the most Ommph?

I know I can buy the Vtec conversion from Xenocron.com, but there isn't much documentation as far as exactly what this will do. Does anyone know if to raise the redline to a stock P28 ECU if either my old P05, or my P06 will need to be chipped AND Converted to Vtec, or will just converting it to Vtec allow it to rev higher. I'm deathly afraid I'm going to convert my P05 ECU to Vtec and it will redline at 6K, and I don't want to drop the additional $100 on chipping hardware/software unless I absolutly have to, hence I got the head for free, and didn't plan on doing any of this untill i did the compression test and found my car is having serious compression issues. Anyone have any experiance or information on this?
  2. 1988hondacrxsiR1

1988hondacrxsiR1 Banned

serious compression issues means bad rings period!;)
Draft saved Draft deleted