1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misc. hybrid install stuff!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 99sidude, Jun 6, 2006.

1. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

well, i sold my 99' EM1, bought a 93' DX hatch, and just ordered a jdm obd1 b18c to swap in :) I have done alot of research on this, and have a few questions that I wasnt able to find answers to.....

-What radiator hoses should I use to hook the b18c up to the stock radiator? (im assuming GSR, but not 100%)

-I hear that the stock throttle cable won't reach the GSR tb...What is a good option to make this work?

-Will I just use all of the motor mounts that come with the swap, or will I use any stock mounts?

I appreciate the help, and Im sure I'll have more questions when I begin the install!

2. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

-What radiator hoses should I use to hook the b18c up to the stock radiator? (im assuming GSR, but not 100%)

-I hear that the stock throttle cable won't reach the GSR tb...What is a good option to make this work?

-Will I just use all of the motor mounts that come with the swap, or will I use any stock mounts?

With the stock radiator you can use the GSR hoses but use worm style clamps so you can tighten them down good b/c the Integra radiator is a little bigger than the civic's.
    I used the GSR throttle cable.
    Use the Integra engine mounts and brackets but use the civic torsion mounts(the one near the firewall, the one at the a/c compressor, and the one on the side of the transmission.)

3. brokeHonda

brokeHonda Junior Member

If you stick with the civic radiator cut and leave the hose on the flange. Slide the new radiator hose over the flange/hose stack and tighten with a hose clamp.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted