1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISFIRE!!!help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by LsB16CrxHF, Mar 10, 2006.

1. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

My obd-2 Gsr is throwing a code for random misfire in cyl 2.I checked the plugs and wires...replaced them and its still thowing the code. what else should i check? Even be4 i replaced all that i could never feel a misfire although i did notice a change in the idle when the code popped up. Could it be my fuel system? Would a bottle of fuel injector cleaner solve that? The blinking light is really starting to annoy me and the last place i want to take my car is the stealership i mean dealer ship.

2. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

anyone? ne ideas...someone told me my egr could be stuck open or closed?...ne suggestions at all?

3. josuedc2

josuedc2 Senior Member

what car

4. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

1999 integra gsr

if i delete the code with a scanner it wont pop up again until the car idles for lets say 3 minutes. I can delete the code and go drive like ten miles on the highway then come to a stop at a red light and bam...theres the code. So for some reason i guess its mis firing only at low rpms? I said i dont want to the dealer because its already been there once and this problem was supposedly fixed. Its back though and im hopeing someone here can help me solve it

5. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

6. thegreat1310

thegreat1310 Senior Member

check your fuel injectors,put a screw driver on the base ofthe injectors,then put your ear up 2 the screw driver,you shuold hear a constant ticking noise from them,or it could be your timing,or your cylinder position sensor could be screwe up,mine was 1ime and it back fired so hard the muffler exploded,and it didnt throw a code for that sensor.

7. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Or change your dist cap and rotor [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted