1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing a cylinder

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by Dman1100, May 27, 2004.

1. Dman1100

Dman1100 Senior Member

ok the symptoms are runs like shit, makes no power, exhaust smells of fuel. i'm sure it's missing on a cylinder, most likely #2(idle doesn't change when #2 spark plug wire is disconnected from the distributor) i cleaned the terminals on the distributor cap because the had some deposits on them but that didn't change anything. haven't checked the plugs yet though. could it be something other than the ignition system? what is your thoughts on this. oh and its a 91 240sx

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

junk it. i sold my 240 coupé to my girl.. b is going to junk his cuz his dohc ka sucks, and when jdmilan gets back he will probably have junked his motor.

3. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

0h nos!!!111 s0m30n3 st0l3d y0ur cylind3r!!!!!11

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I love how everyone jumped on the 240 fad and now every one is ditching it =)

you guys remind me of 14 year old girls

5. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

6. Dman1100

Dman1100 Senior Member

i love my 240 and i'm never gonna ditch the ka. i might try to find another one just because this one is kinda in bad shape. and i think i've singled the problem out and it looks like a bad injector connecter. maybe i was only imagining the smell of fuel :D but then again i think it runs rich. any suggestions on that? i'm not real sure if i can tune the fuel input

7. daemonkron

daemonkron Junior Member

I previously owned a 240sx. I can honestly say that i never had that problem, but if no one here is helping you, might i suggest that you check out freshalloy.com. Bunches of cool people who all love nissan. And to the people that think the 240 is a fad, your right it is, but its also a relativley inexpensive way to get a car to go damn fast and thats what its all about.

:bash:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted