1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISSING COOLENT

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Jazzy19, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Jazzy19

Jazzy19 Senior Member

i have a 18B in my 93 SI.... Today got off the highway in pulled into the driveway and started to smell anitfreeze..... Looked under the car to see a nice small puddle of antifreeze... Couldnt see were it was leaking from cuz i just got off the highway so it was splashed all over.... Fill up my rad wit the fluid it lost....looked for the leak and nothing...... Drove around for a hour still no leakage found... But now when i stop @ a light the temp gauge goes up a bit higher then usual... What could have gone wrong and what do u think is wearing down??? I have 125XXX km and i did water pump,timing belt,seals etc...... Could someone help me out????

THANKS,

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I had something similar...........my problem was that the water pump went to shit, and then the coolant was leaking underheath a tiny holy, which if it does indicates that your pump went.

changed the pump, flushed the system out..and kosher since.

3. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

i had the same problem as well. Mine was the heater hose had a small pin size hole in it. The problem i had was the it only leaked once in awhile.

4. Jazzy19

Jazzy19 Senior Member

how could i check to see if the water pump is still good????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted