Missing Link Map Bypass Valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

I would like to know what it is, how it works and what it does

the missing link is a device used to trick your ECU.

here's the deal.

Honda map sensors can only read and handel up to 11 psi of boost. our ecu's on the other hand can only read and function properly without throwing a code to about 1-2 psi of positive boost.

what the missing link does is trick the ecu. it throws it a constant 1-2 psi sensor reading while under boost.

now, if you are going more than 11 psi, you need to get a gm 3-bar map sensor. as the honda map sensor itself wont know wtf to do with it. DONT get the 2 bar. thats what honda's have stock.

yes, i know- 1 bar=14.7xxxx psi BUT what you have to take into consideration is vacuum.

vacuum is really just a state UNDER 1 bar of boost. it makes no sense, but thats how it works.

so, since you have 14.7 stock, and you can up the boost 11 psi on a stock map, you are right below the limit of the 2-bar, depending on your elevation and atmospheric pressure of any given day.

HTH

So if i go over 11 PSI then i shouldnt get that Missing Link and just get a GM 3-bar MAP? Would i still need a MAP with a standalone like the AEM EMS? I dont hear of people talking about MAP sensors with a standalone, just wondering.

Back