Missing Link

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Hey what's up, I purchased a missing link of someone a while back and I'm just now getting around to putting my turbo kit on, and I know I'm missing some bolts and what not, Is anyone able to tell me what I dont have so I can purchase what I'm missing.

Thanks

s40f6c08653072.jpg

Do you have a vafc or no? The missing link is just supposed to go inbetween the map sensor and manifold I think, You'll need two bolts that fit through (theyll have to be long), some washers (I think they are lock washers or something) and also some wierd gaskets. They come with an O-ring type thing to stop air from leaking and two other gasket-washers that I guess are supposed to do the same thing, but I don't know exactly from where... I'd have to see your intake manifold. I think you could probably get the oring from a good hardware shop, just bring in the missing link and tell them you want a rubber oring that fits inside (It goes in the groove around the middle part; and I don't think it matters if its completely filled, so long as it sticks out a little bit from flush...

The lock washers are probably just so the bolts dont come out, i'd go ahead and get some and use them.

If you have a "very local" hardware store where they are nice... You could ask to see if they bolts would fit before hand, becuase I don't know exactly what size they are. Maybe a honda manual would tell you?

HTH

You'll need two bolts that fit through (theyll have to be long),

Okay and what are these going to screw to, They go through the missing link then where?

some washers (I think they are lock washers or something) and also some wierd gaskets. They come with an O-ring type thing to stop air from leaking and two other gasket-washers that I guess are supposed to do the same thing, but I don't know exactly from where..

This is all very confusing to me.. I don't think I could possibly purchase anything with this information

Ok, go out and look at your car, bring the missing link with you. Look at the map sensor, and imagine shoving the missing link right before the map sensor, inbetween the manifold and the map sensor. Then the screws will go all the way through the same place where the old screws used to be, but now they will have to be Much longer. The lock washers shoudl go on top of the map sensor, and should be the same size as the screws they are going on (duh), and the o ring is to prevent leaks. It need to fit in that little groove that is cut out around the middle.

Better?

Yea alot better..Thanks buddy lemme go take a look outside..

Tell me if I have this wrong

I'm removing the Map sensor screws,

sliding in the missing linking right before the map sensor then I'm
adding the new screws to bolt to the map sensor/missing link together?

Do I have the right Idea?

Yea sure. Assuming thats the right missing link for your car. They make a bunch of different kinds, you got the right one didn't you?

I'm pretty sure, yes.

I'm having trouble finding my MAP sensor.. anyone have any nice reference pics?

I found a picture of what all I need..

Do you think all of this is salvageble from a Hardware store..

s40f829f353034.jpg

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jul 16 2004, 02:19 PM
I found a picture of what all I need..

Do you think all of this is salvageble from a Hardware store..

s40f829f353034.jpg

should be, but it depends on how stressed the bolts will be. i wouldnt think that they are going to be under a huge amount of stress though..

What are those two of them nuts other two washers? whats that yellow thing?

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jul 16 2004, 12:26 PM
What are those two of them nuts other two washers? whats that yellow thing?

yes, the yellow thing is a filter.

where did you buy this missing link that it's missing pieces?

do you think It would be possible to create my own filter and put it in there? Or would it be fine with out one..

Back