Misti has a dream.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarBellieAngel

...and i'm finally gonna be able to do this.

i'm SO stoked. i looked into resources around here... and i found a place that i'm looking forward to get into. school is paid, EVERYTHING is paid, and i will be working as an apprentice after some coursework. and what exactly am i going to do? become a machinist. that's right people. i'm going to be a machinist. they'll teach me, give me a job, and after that, i can move on to whatever. so here's my goal.... get that under my belt... get a stable job... make money, and work on getting my certs for auto repair... then open up my own shop building and tuning motors.

seriously, i'm stoked as fuck about this... and i can't wait to start!!!!

*does happy dance*

You gotta make your mark as a machinist. I dated a female machinist in '03. But she was also trans-european, and ultimately we got in a knock down fight about politics.

-> Steve

Congrats ! I was doing sheetmetal when I was 18, did it for 2 years then started getting offered money for specializing. In my final stages at age 21 I was in New Hampshire, dead of winter, welding broken down equipment days from civilization. It was fun, but it paid shit believe it or not.

congrats Misti!!

on a side note, being a machinist is fairly easy work. since most of the machines today are computerized you just load the program in you want to use, insert the material you want to be turned into whatever part you need, and hit "start" and the machine does all the work. unless you have to use older equipment where you have to do some calculations. either way its easy work :)

congrats misti. I'm currently working my ass off to get back into auto college so i can eventually be ASE certified and once i get enough experience, I decided that I want to open my own shop as well. :D

"hello welcome to honda-swap performance, how may i help you? congrats Misti, maybe someday well meet up and have you fix my car at your shop someday. Again good luck and congrats

uhm, there's no way i'm calling my place 'hondaswap performance' no offense to b. :p hahaha... though, i will give my hondaswap homies a discount. :)

Congrats princess,

You're welcome for the kick in the ass! ;)

Originally posted by adnoh@Feb 2 2005, 08:07 PM
Congrats princess,

You're welcome for the kick in the ass! ;)
[post=455540]Quoted post[/post]​

i really needed it. :) and when i'm done, i'll really appreciate it.... hell, i already do. :D although, now it's YOUR turn you lazy bum!

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 2 2005, 04:37 PM

i'm SO stoked. i looked into resources around here... and i found a place that i'm looking forward to get into. school is paid, EVERYTHING is paid, and i will be working as an apprentice after some coursework. and what exactly am i going to do? become a machinist. that's right people. i'm going to be a machinist. they'll teach me, give me a job, and after that, i can move on to whatever. so here's my goal.... get that under my belt... get a stable job... make money, and work on getting my certs for auto repair... then open up my own shop building and tuning motors.

*does happy dance*
[post=455406]Quoted post[/post]​

I knew this already, I read into your future... :)
BLAH!!! I miss you :( oh well, not I have to wait till friday, I have class tomorrow again :( but i'm really glad that you have finally decided on what to do...

We shall do business next year ;)

First , I Misti, glad to see you're going to start working as a machinist, it's a dying trade and we need more bright machinists to make intrricate parts for our engineering needs. you should take some take some classes in machine design,strength of materials, and material science to give yourself a 1-up on the other machinists

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Feb 2 2005, 09:48 PM
congrats Misti!!

on a side note, being a machinist is fairly easy work. since most of the machines today are computerized you just load the program in you want to use, insert the material you want to be turned into whatever part you need, and hit "start" and the machine does all the work. unless you have to use older equipment where you have to do some calculations. either way its easy work :)
[post=455476]Quoted post[/post]​

BodyDroppedNikes, have you actually stepped foot in a machine shop. yeah there are cnc lathes and bridgeports etc... but it takes skill to know what operation to program first, it's not as simple as hittin a start button, and not all machined products can be made on a cnc. I'll garuentee it's not easy work.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Feb 4 2005, 01:54 PM-->
First , I Misti, glad to see you're going to start working as a machinist, it's a dying trade and we need more bright machinists to make intrricate parts for our engineering needs. you should take some take some classes in machine design,strength of materials, and material science to give yourself a 1-up on the other machinists

BodyDroppedNikes
@Feb 2 2005, 09:48 PM
congrats Misti!!

[post=455476]Quoted post[/post]​

BodyDroppedNikes, have you actually stepped foot in a machine shop. yeah there are cnc lathes and bridgeports etc... but it takes skill to know what operation to program first, it's not as simple as hittin a start button, and not all machined products can be made on a cnc. I'll garuentee it's not easy work.
[post=456528]Quoted post[/post]​

well.... all products can be made in a cnc machine... depending on the cnc machine that is. You have your regular 3 axis machine which can be updated to a 4th and 5th axis cnc machine. The one I am buying next year is a 3 axis however, I am going to purchase it with the plugs to updated to a 5th axis.

Concerning programs, you would have to know trigonometry and cad/cam or surfcam, or any other designing tool that is available... From there, once you do your blueprint on cam, you have to choose the material of your choice, aluminum/steel, etc... and then recheck to make sure that your calculations are correct, speed travels and feed travels, basically your csx4 divided by 2... just to make sure you don't break your tools, they are super expensive, unless you are buying chinese equipment...

but yes, machining is fairly easy when you know how to work on a machine and when you have it zeroed in on the x and y axis and on the FREAKING VISE!!! I hate dialing in the vise, it takes me more time to do that than to tram the head on the bridgeport :(

GOOD LUCK AMIGA!!!

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 2 2005, 04:37 PM

*does happy dance*

Misti you turn me on when you talk like that. :lol:

Originally posted by integraslut78+Feb 4 2005, 04:56 PM-->
StarBellieAngel
@Feb 2 2005, 04:37 PM

i'm SO stoked.  i looked into resources around here... and i found a place that i'm looking forward to get into. school is paid, EVERYTHING is paid, and i will be working as an apprentice after some coursework.  and what exactly am i going to do?  become a machinist.  that's right people.  i'm going to be a machinist.  they'll teach me, give me a job, and after that, i can move on to whatever.  so here's my goal.... get that under my belt... get a stable job... make money, and work on getting my certs for auto repair... then open up my own shop building and tuning motors. 

*does happy dance*

Misti you turn me on when you talk like that. :lol:
[post=456664]Quoted post[/post]​

what a dork LOL hahahaha

Back