Mitsubishi Eclpise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Everything I posted was on DSMTalk.com forums.
And I do know of people that had crankwalk in their 1st gen DSM.

I jumped on an dsm like 2 years ago. I was trying a different scene from honda but as most know, I sold it in one month and got another hatch. My experience from my FWD Tsi 1st gen was a nightmare. Oil was leaking badly, seals on turbo were shot, the AC worked though :) If I had patience and money then I would have replaced the entire motor for sure or rebuilt it.

Bang for the buck they go a good distance, their bottomends are strong as fuck but like any ride are prone to blow with severe abuse. I sold mine at a decent loss just after a month and to be honest never will do mitsu again, not even Evo.

Milan

my buddy had a 95 Gst, and he upgraded the turbo, im not sure exactly what he went with, but he was getting ready to sell the car, and when the guy was test driving it to see if he wanted it, he floored it and the flywheel came lose hand grenading the tranny and blowing the hood off. I didnt see it first hand, but i heard when you looked in the engine bay, there was no tranny left, just some motor dangling like a booger.

Come to think of it I do know of a '91 that had crankwalk, but he was making over 500 whp. I know it can happen to 1G's but it's not anywhere as common as 2G's.

Back