mmmkay WTF is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Ok, i picked up an EG foedoe today at the auction.
I read d15, and just figured ok, it's an lx.. no problem eh?
Well i got home and i look at it a little better, it's a D15B (no trailing number) and it's really clean, so i'm sure it's not stock anyways.
[ Score! A mad tite JDM motor y0. ]
Now, there APPEARS to be a place for a VTEC solenoid, ok cool.. maybe.
The spark plugs are on the 'back' of the head, not the front (like every other SOHC VTEC head i've seen). The VTEC Solenoid spot looks like some shitty ass block off plate. (home made plate thingie) What the fuck motor did i just win? Also, the distributor is half rigged on. :(
I are confused.
Thanks for any help...

my guess is a jdm d15b with a non-vtec head. I don't know if i would call it a "win" either

I was being sarcastic at the win.
Why would there be a blockoff plate on the head right where the VTEC solenoid would go though? I'm trying to make sense of this sheet.

no joke. I was thinkin the same thing. Big Al likes to spam da threads with his TTIWWOP crap.......:)

Ok, it's a single cam non VTEC jdm d15b and it's stupid.
There's also like 2 quarts+ of extra oil inside the crankcase.. w00000t!

It's ok, i figured it out, i still don't know WHY there is a hole where the VTEC solenoid 'would be'.
I have a CRX outside with a D15B and it has the same bolt holes in the same place for the non existant vtec solenoid, but it doesn't actually go thru to the head.
On the d15b civic i have outside, the hole actually goes thru to the head?
Either way, neither are VTEC, and both are pretty slow.
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

The JDM engines have a "hole" in that location. Non JDM engines just have a little divot there, JDM engines go all the way through and have a blockoff plate. All my ZCs have been that way.

Calesta said:
The JDM engines have a "hole" in that location. Non JDM engines just have a little divot there, JDM engines go all the way through and have a blockoff plate. All my ZCs have been that way.
Any idea why? Any idea what the single cam non vtec d15b is pushing for HP numbers?
I'd guess around 100?

No clue why. Someone's said something to me before about it being a port for a carbureter setup, but I don't see how it could be related to a carb...

About 100hp is my guess too. I'd put it about equivalent to a D15B7, maybe a tad higher.

reckedracing said:
damn, everybody hating on the TTIWWOP

post em up, i wanna see the new project :)
ok, lol.
The foedoe: $600
I paid $600 for it, because even if it didnt run I can get $300+ for the r12 AC system here in Az. and part the rest and still make money.
Fortunately it runs perfect, needs a few things and some work, and I have a few buyers already. 190,000 on the chassis. The passenger side suspension parts are bent, but I didn't get a chance to see where yet, I know it's not the frame, so I'm not too worried.
The engine was cleaner before i poured oil all over it.
I was going to drive it to the body shop today to get the dent pulled and get the car re-sprayed ($250) but the alternator bearings are shot so i cut the half-belt that was on there.
I have the stock taillights from my car, thankfully.
Total cost estimation after fixed/painted: $1100
I will get $2500 for it.

The crx: Free. Si with a FI d15b (Si manifolds)
runs perfect, we have most of the parts already.
190,000 on this chassis also, the interior is pretty clean actually.
Someone put buss fuses inside the valve cover to make it 'knock', after we pulled em out, it just purred.
Since it was free, we really don't care how much we get for it, but we're shooting for 1500, most likely will only get 1200.

IMAG0068.JPG

IMAG0069.JPG

IMAG0070.JPG

IMAG0071.JPG

IMAG0076.JPG

IMAG0073.JPG

IMAG0074.JPG

IMAG0075.JPG

unless that's a full time job flipping cars, that is more work than it's worth.

Flipping cars is a full time job for me now, and when you have parts and hooker uppers for body work it's not too bad really.
My neighbors don't care, nobody does around here, and if they did, fuck them.

now it makes sense. i would love to just have a full honda/acura/nissan/ae86 dealership. buy/fix/flip would be fun. and profitable.

get_nick said:
now it makes sense. i would love to just have a full honda/acura/nissan/ae86 dealership. buy/fix/flip would be fun. and profitable.
It's really cool from october until april.. right now it really sucks @ 110-115 degrees with 25% humidity and a dewpoint of like 80.

Back