Mmmm... Volvo...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I gotta say, i have always hated Volvo and thought they were fuckin ugly. But their newest lineup would now be on the top of my list if i could finance right now. I saw the new 9-3 convertible in Stuff Mag and that shit looks nice.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 22 2004, 11:21 PM
I gotta say, i have always hated Volvo and thought they were fuckin ugly. But their newest lineup would now be on the top of my list if i could finance right now. I saw the new 9-3 convertible in Stuff Mag and that shit looks nice.

9-3 is Saab, dim dim. :p

oh shit. I'm stupid. I always mix them up.

The new Volvo's DO look badass. That is what i was talking about, but somehow got the Saab mixed in.

meh, they have been ugly as sin ever since Ford bought them. Not to mention not nearly as solid a car. My mother drives a S80(I think) T5 (the last year before Ford took over), that is a pretty fun car to drive.

That's it... I'm gonna get it... six speed, AWD, turbo 2.3L 5 cylinder with 218 HP out of the box... Hell yeah!

Volvo's kick ass!!! Yeah like you wouldn't drive the insane S60R.

:worthy: S60R

for some reason when i see volvo stationwagon, i think old snobby rich bitch...dunno why, i hate them except i love their tractor trailer rigs....my dad sold them parts so i guess thats why.....they put food on my plate...

Originally posted by mikesphat+Jan 23 2004, 02:38 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 23 2004, 02:36 PM
Looks like a minivan :squint:

this looks like a minivan? even if you think so 300hp and 300tq will make it seem like less of a minivan.
http://www.car-data.com/xpage.preview/pre....olvo&model=s60r

he was talkin about the v50....and yes, slap sliding doors on it and hell, its ready for soccer games

Volvos don't suck anymore! hooray!
I will always have love for my first car company, but watching the changes made under Ford have been heartache after heartache. The low point was the introduction of the S40/V40, not even offered with a manual trans. That, and the reliability of the s70/v70 going right down the toilet. But the introduction of the S60R, and now this V50 is definitely getting my spirits up. I'm looking forward to the future, when someday I'll have to settle down with a family and get a car that's practical and safe, but won't have to sacrifice sportiness. Long live bricks!

Back