Mmmm... widebody

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When I worked at the dealership, they I got to drive every BMW & even take out a '99 Corvette. Her car is easily much faster than any of them.
Yeah most BMWs do not run 13s unless you were able to drive a new M3/M5 most are lux SEDANS.

I gotta call BS on you Jeff. :p I don't think your Civic had even close to 250HP & my mom's Porsche is 280HP. There's NO WAY your civic would've beaten her car. Her porsche is air cooled, while the newer 911s are liquid cooled. I think that makes a difference personally... I know it definitely sounds BADASS! You're old civic is still around, right? Didn't you say recently that someone was racing it at the track?
[post=373214]Quoted post[/post]​

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...image&img=16587
clicky clicky

First your moms car has 282HP and is 4WD so at the wheels it should be making around 220WHP if you factor in 22% drive train loss, but I hear that porsches tend to have better drive trains then most so lets make that 22% into 15% drive train loss that would give the 911 4S a wopping 240WHP!!!!!!!! holy shit that car is fast!

Just remember some cars tend to feel faster then others for say the 350Z feels IMO as with many others slower and less powerful then it really is. yet Ive seen them run faster times then the 911 S4s with pretty few mods...

Originally posted by aLLmOtOr@Aug 6 2004, 02:34 AM
Thats a hot car!!! But its like the Toyota Celica commercial ... It looks fast when its stopped ...
[post=373276]Quoted post[/post]​

as long as you look at it at a certain angle and buff it every week so radar bounces off like the stealth plane.

holy freakin ownage jeffie

Jeff-
You didn't answer my question about if your car's still around?! I'm still not buying it. I haven't driven the new M3s, but I have driven the previous M3s & the 911 is still definitely faster. Maybe I'll be able to convince my mom to take it to the track & see what it'll really run! :D

BTW... Check out the last page in the October issue of Turbo. It's about the Stillen 350Z party... looked like a good time. :)

Yes, having driven both an older and a brand new M3, I can tell you that they are most definitely not sports cars, they are "sport coupes" and I'm sure a Carrera S would be faster any day. Although, I don't know about a 'vette being slower than the Carrera. A friend of mine let me drive his 50th Anniversary Corvette and it was pretty fast. I would think a lot of power loss would occur in the Carrera due to the AWD thing... Kinda like the STi/Evo8 and etc. Sure the new STi makes almost 300 hp, but how much of that makes it to the road?

Hey do you have pictures of the rims and tires? What size are you running?

FWD cars have about 12% drive train loss, RWD 15-17% and AWD 20-25% but all of that depends on the tranny/drive shaft some cars are built way better then others and lose a lot less.

My civic is in Waldorf owned buy one of the empolyees of Tempest Racing.
it made 380WHP on the daily driver setting and ran 11.6 with slicks also on pump fuel.

10s would be easy if he removed shit as with made the car a little less daily driverish.

I'm VERY happy with my current car and have no plans on selling it anytime soon.

I wouldnt mind running my Z VS the 911 just for shits and giggles =) 300-310ish HP VS 282 HP Hmmmmm

you would have the edge weight wise but I should have a good bit more torque....

Back