Mobile Phone buying

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

would anyone by chance know what bands cell one/unicel uses??

It's nice... but not really what I'm looking for. I like the V600 because it has a nice host of features, and it's small. I don't want one with a full-on keyboard because I don't need it to do PDA functions (already have a PDA) or messaging.

if you want to balling get the moto v3 that is pimp shit

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 23 2004, 12:29 PM
So, if you were a sneaky bastard, you could buy whatever phone you like and just transfer the SIM card? I bet my provider would be a little pissed if they found out.
[post=421034]Quoted post[/post]​

They won't be pissed, especially if its another At&t phone so it doesnt even need to be unlocked. The nice part about the SIM card like he said is that you can just go from one phone to another because it carries your number, your plan, and whatever else you choose to save to it. Infact, the sales reps that show you the phone take the sim card from their phone and pop it into the displays to allow people to use an active phone.

If you have verizon you can have your number transfered to a different phone if you have the serial number to do it. Problem is that if you have a verizon phone, to buy another verizon phone without a contract is so incredibley expensive. At&t wasn't giving added rebates for getting a two year contract, so their phones were cheaper to purchase...but right after I just switched over, I noticed that you now can get a phone for cheaper by cingular/at&t if you sign a two year contract.

Moral of the story, if you have any phone as long as it can carry the frequency of your provider than you can have it transfered regardless of if it has a SIM or not. Its easier to do so and you dont even have to tell anyone if you have a SIM card.

Oh and and I'm not sure if the v720 by motorolla is an older phone or a new phone that someone was talking about that its shitty. I do know my friend has the new motorolla v710 that had a recall on the camera, but the camera is 1.2megapixels, it can record 30second videos, have full songs as ringers and stored on it as a mp3 player, you can also buy a 128mb expansion card to go into the phone for $70. Basically its the best phone on the market, so if thats the one that the guy thought was crappy, he's smoking crack. Verizon offers it. Here's a link

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=1570

If I were going to pay for a phone by at&t/cingular and not just get a free refurb, I'd get the motorolla v505. Best phone they have IMO and its only $200 as opposed to paying around a $400-500 retail on the v710 for verizon if you dont have a contract.

http://www.attwireless.com/images/equip/la...torola_v505.jpg

theres the v505, but I lied...it doesnt retail for 200 thats after rebate. Sorry

Thats the phone I would get, if I were going to get at&t/cingular.

I just signed with at&t/cingular but was feeling poor at the time so I didnt drop another $200 on the phone. My verizon service was better in the area and never cut out, but hands down at&t has the best plans for me and most inexpensive startup. Plus I have 30 days to figure out if I want to keep this phone or not and can just get the v505 if I choose.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 23 2004, 02:49 PM
DOLLARS???
[post=421138]Quoted post[/post]​

unlocked phones arent cheap.

that v710 my friend has is a good 500-600 atleast

^^ That's much better. I also like the MPx220. Seems like a good featureset for the price. opinions?

Back