Modding the Yaris and gettin HIGH!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

new studies show that weed does not kill brain cells

the reason people said that was because
scientist would put gas masks on monkeys [for studies] and give them the = of a .25 all at once... once they died FROM NO OXYGEN.. they opened them up and saw brain damage... DUH.. its not the weed its the fact that the killed them from all the smoke

ill look the proof up later..

Weed doesn't make you stupid, just lazy. If you can stay motivated while tokin I say fire it up.

I do stay motivated, but the baby is JUST around the corner now and family and crap will be at my house all the time. It wouldnt hurt to cut down on the weed paraphenalia :lol:

The box is in the car, power wire is ran.....today it will be finished and more pics will be up :)

Its done, sounds great too. VERY tight and punchy. 8's are my new fav subs :)

yarissubs11.jpg

I need to touchup a couple spots that got scratched anyway, I plan on finding another color. The problem isnt necc. the color its the glossy metallic that's really throwing it off. If you look at it in dusk light it matches.

I can get OEM interior paints from my supplier but its like $75 for the paint and activator. Like I said before, still trying to save money wherever possible. BUT I may end up getting that so it definately matches. time will tell.....

Thanks for the compliments though :)

If I complained that the car was slow and then threw the subs in, :ban: but I have no plans on going fast with this thing.

THere is a turbo Yaris vid on Youtube, 180whp and 175wtq I think. Something very close to that at least. I talked to the guy and he says he runs low 14's with it, I'd like to see it. I can get this car to take off for shit from a stop, it just spins the tires even with the 105hp.

Edit: As hypocritic as it is I still love that quote, good one :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm just givin u shit.
I don't understand why anyone would want to make a yaris fast. There are much better platforms for that. Keep the drivetrain stock til she dies. Tasteful rims, a nice paintjob, and a kickass sound system would be the only mods that would be justifiable. You're 1/3 of the way there already. :thumbsup:

I want Tein springs and a set of 17's. Then like you say, it will be set. Enough for a daily driver anyway. Its actually kinda fun to drive, it whips around the mountain nice :)

I knew you were just bustin my balls a lil, its cool :p

Why not wrap it in Vinyl? And ever think about Grilles for the subs to protect them from that piece of luggage falling on it? :D

Why not wrap it in Vinyl? And ever think about Grilles for the subs to protect them from that piece of luggage falling on it? :D

Yeah Vinyl.... you can even get supah-numma-wunn colored CF 'look' vinyl... that oughta take care of any blems in the finish of your sanding.

Not to be a dick or anything, but you said you've got 10 years doin' this stuff:

-Why was there no routered plug to cover the opening so that when the resin mixture dries that the hole comes out nice and smooth and not all jagged like that?

I could be wrong but this is the way I normally did it, and my filler job never looked like a Frosted Freakin' Cake when i was done.... course some people enjoy hours and hours of sanding

IMG_0007.jpg

tib16.jpg

tib25.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-T8iozJva8

"Drugs r Baaaadddddd MMkay:D

But this one was even better, not jackin' this thread or anything...just bored....
YouTube - Drugs Are Bad MmKay=

I don't even smoke the stuff but I watched this one and i swear I felt freakin' STOOOOOOONED!..... a really well done video....

and btw it is a nice finish on the enclosure, and like you said; saving money where you could was a factor....kids cost bucks, no two ways about it.

Last edited:
I didnt mean Ive been FG'ing for years, just stereo's in general. Someone was doubting the volume and that part I had covered.

This is my 2nd FG box EVER. I think it came out pretty good from learning on my own. Of course there are better ways to do things, thats why you live and you learn. The speakers fit in the holes tightly and it only took me a couple mins to die grind the rings nice and smooth again. OH and I dont have a router, so that prolly answers a lot for you :)

^_^ Copacetic man!.... I love my Router so much I almost threw out my jigsaw when I got it...... I'm serious.... a GOOD Router is like the best tool you can ever have.... that and a bitchin' big table saw......

My buddy's shop has all the right tools, he was doing a FG install the sametime I was. We kept going back and forth comparing pro tools to hand tools. The finished product came out very close, the real differences are the speaker holes and the aggrivation getting to the end.

Thanks for the tips though. I like comments good/bad or otherwise, I'm one for reading a LOT and learning new things.

No worries.... I'm actually writing up something for in the Audio/Video/Security Section... hopefully everyone will get some use out of it

I had a Brain Fart....

If a Yaris is travelling 88mph, and 1.3 Jiggawatts goes through the Flux Capacitor........ annnnnnnd I hit my head on the toilet... does it still mean that I spent the night in the can pie-eyed?

Back