Model Car Builders

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Im building a Model of hte ITR by Revell. That isnt the hard or complicated part, Im building it as a all drag, full race model with side exit exhuast, fat front tires borrowed from a nascar model, the roll cage borrowed and modified from a nascar model. However Im confused as I also want to build the engine and Trubocharge and make it look as real as possible.

my questions
1. what to use for the turbo (i really dont want to buy antoher kit just for this peice)
2. how to get the stripped interior look (im thinking of buying the thin sheets of plastic and makin it look like the inside of hte door w/o panels and rear paneling...etc...)
3. what tires/wheels do i use for the rear
4. what do i do about the ex/ manifold

Any suggestions would be nice... I called in sick today cuase I had bad taco bell last night. Anyhow, I have some time on my hands. Thanks

Brian

1. Heat up the round tree and bend it around a nail or other small round object. This weill make the scrolls for the turbo. Same thing with the manifold.

I had bad taco bell

Is Taco Bell ever good?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 26 2004, 12:35 PM
1. Heat up the round tree and bend it around a nail or other small round object. This weill make the scrolls for the turbo. Same thing with the manifold.

I had bad taco bell

Is Taco Bell ever good?

Can you elaborate a little?

Nevermind I understand on the turbo, but what about the manifold...

Just heat the tree up and bend it a little at a time to make individual runners, and then glue them all together. Just be sure not to make it look like a Full Race manifold, or Geoff will get all pissed that you're copying his design. :)

I'm joking about him getting mad at you. After he came out with the equal length manifold, a few people copied the design, and he got all butt hurt.

On my model I built of a CTR that I boosted, I used an extra radiator for the intercooler(you can figure out how) and the silver round shit that all the peices come attached to I used for the turbo, manifold, piping, rollcage and what not. I had to build the car for a class in school called Model Cars, and the point was to do something to the model car that wasn't part of the model. So while everyone was putting DUBS on their S-10 models I bought a single cam model of an EK hatchback and bought a model of a Type-R Integra, put the motor from the integra in the civic along with full suspension, type-r wheels, turbo, and I made the type r lips fit on the civic. Too bad my damn teacher wanted to keep it so I have no pictures. :(

Well after days of searching I found an article of how to build your own cage out of aluminum. Here is a picture of the finished product:

s40b91f6d0c362.jpg

s40b91fcab4ab8.jpg

s40b92022bbfe3.jpg

Let me know if you have any input or tips/tricks of model building.

Back