Modern Warfare 2 *sprut*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so anyone here going to beat campaigne before they play online? Or am I the only one that does that?

with the first mw i did but when i got waw i only played a little bit of the campaign and then i just wasn't interested anymore and had to get online lol. i'm hoping the mw2 campaign will interest me enough to play it through before i start playing online.

Drake what do you do, go through on one of the easier difficulties, then go back through on Veteran afterward? I tend to play games the first time on Regular, after doing that a few times I'll go through on Veteran.

I seriously hope there are NO timed objectives in MW2. I hated those with an absolute passion on COD4. It took me so long to get through the missile silos that I finally disabled the missiles with 1.2 seconds to spare on Veteran.

Everyone who has live should post their gamertag so we can get a hondaswap game going. Mine is Wikedeye (go figure).

Most people have their tags in their sigs, but the xbox 360 thread pinned at the top of this forum has a huge list posted up in it.

man, between this game and gran turismo 5 coming out in march, my social life is going to be ruined. i dont even play cod waw anymore because of the anticipation of this game. its going to be pretty epic.

Drake what do you do, go through on one of the easier difficulties, then go back through on Veteran afterward? I tend to play games the first time on Regular, after doing that a few times I'll go through on Veteran.

I seriously hope there are NO timed objectives in MW2. I hated those with an absolute passion on COD4. It took me so long to get through the missile silos that I finally disabled the missiles with 1.2 seconds to spare on Veteran.

I beat it on normal the first go round.

im the same way. i play on normal because in my mind, normal is what the developers had in mind for the game. The others are for freaks that just like to cuss that the screen and through their controller.

Some multiplayer notes
Weapons List.

Shotguns:

SPAS-12
AA-12
Armsel Striker
W1200
Winchester 1887

Machine Pistols and Handguns:

PP-2000
Glock 18
USP .45
.44 Magnum

Sniper Rifles:

Barret M82
CheyTac Intervention
Walther WA2000 (
tapbanana.gif
)
Dragunov SVD

Light Machine Guns:

RPD
M240
L86 LSW
AUG HBAR

Sub-Machine Guns:

MP5K
UMP45
TDI Kriss
FNP90

Assault Rifles:

M4A1
FAMAS
SCAR-H
TAR-21
ACR
FN FAL
MG4
FN F2000
AK-47
M16

Perks

Perk slot 1:

Marathon, Marathon Pro
Ability: Unlimited sprint.
Pro Ability: Get over obstacles faster.

Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Hand Pro
Ability: Faster reloading.
Pro Ability: Faster reloading and a speed boost to how fast you can aim down the sight of your weapon.

Scavenger, Scavenger Pro
Ability: Full resupply from dead enemies.
Pro Ability: ?

Bling, Bling Pro
Ability: 2 primary weapon attachments.

Classified (needs to be unlocked)
Ability: ?

Perk slot 2:

Stopping Power, Stopping Power Pro
Ability: Increased bullet damage.
Pro Ability: Increased bullet damage vs. helicopters.

Lightweight, Lightweight Pro
Ability: Move faster.

Hardline, Hardline Pro
Ability: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
Pro Ability: Death Streaks require 1 less death.

Cold-Blooded, Cold-Blooded Pro
Ability: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries, and thermal.

Perk slot 3:

Commando, Commando Pro
Ability: Increased melee distance.

Steady Aim, Steady Aim Pro
Ability: Increased hip-fire accuracy.

Scrambler, Scrambler Pro
Ability: Scrambles (jams) the enemy radar in a small radius.

Killstreaks:

Here are 9 of the known killstreak options, out of 15.

3 kills:

UAV- Need I say more? Blocked by Cold Blooded

4 Kills:
Care Package
Description: After you throw the red signal flare, the Care Package will be airdropped into the battlefield. This can be picked by anyone, even the enemy.

The package contains either a random killstreak or ammo. The killstreak can be anything from the UAV to the AC-130 Gunship, regardless what killstreak rewards you have chosen.

Counter-UAV
Description: This disables the enemy radar for a short period of time.

5 Kills:

Sentry Gun
Description: Airdrop a placeable XM312 Sentry Gun. It will automatically fire at enemies, but it can be destroyed.

Predator Missile
Description: This allows you to remote control a Predator missile. After opening the laptop, you have approximately 5 seconds to control the missile to your target, as it goes down. You can also give the missile a boost to make it go down faster.

You are vulnerable while using the Predator missile, but if you get killed, you can still continue to control it.

6 Kills:

Precision Airstrike
Description: This is much like the Airstrike in Call of Duty 4, but this time you can control the direction of the Airstrike for more accurate kills.

7 Kills:

Attack Helicopter-Like the UAV, need I say more?

9 Kills:

Pave Low
Description: This deploys a heavily armored Attack Helicopter (Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low) to the map for maximum carnage. As with the Attack Helicopter, all the kills are added to your kill count.

11 kills:

AC-130
Description: After deployed via laptop, an AC-130 Gunship will enter the map. You control it remotely for 30 seconds and you can use the 25mm, 45mm and 105mm canons to shoot at enemies. You are vulnerable while controlling the AC-130, but if you get killed while using it, you can still continue.

Note: The AC-130 can be shot down by the enemy, but it does have flares as countermeasures.

wait.....wait....where's my m40.

HACKS!

aggressive sniping for the win. death to all the camping snipers.

I also like that there are more than two shotguns.

No more choosing between a rapid fire shotty with a 4 round magazine and a slow firing shotty with an 8 round magazine. yay!

They had better have my 1911. Ill be way pissed if they get rid of it.

Damn them for adding Spec-Ops. Yet another thing I will have to try and beat on Vet :(

My controller just kind of 'drifts'. Even if I don't touch it my character is moving occasionally, my other controller has a semi-broken A button, it doesn't "click" when you push it but it still works. Might have to go to my 3rd controller, or buy a blue one.

I'm getting the no frills edition. All I want to do is play the game and get the achievements, then play it for a large amount of time online with Jebus and the crew.

I do have my pre-ordered. I might have to take in a shitton of games to trade in to bring down the cost, but 11-10-09 is going to rule.

^ I just noticed 11, 10, 09. Backwards chronologically.

we probably have at least 8 360 controllers at our house, and i know 3 of them have buttons that are broken like that. I was told that what happens is that the rubber piece that the buttons sit on top of gets cracked, and you can fix it with some super glue

Back